Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
I know most of these law firms' and lawyers' awards and rankings are bought and sold in the name of 'nomination fees', and was just wondering if there are any which are actually genuine and impartial, and which can help students and potential clients to know which firms are actually decent.

Afaik, the IBLJ awards seem to be the most celebrated ones in India. Their website says that they don't charge any nomination fees, but looking at some of the lawyers on the list (and some who are conspicuously absent), I find that claim difficult to believe.

I'd like to know which awards are actually credible, and also those which aren't trustworthy. Also, what is the ballpark on the 'nomination fees' that firms end up shelling out to get featured in these lists, and is it really worth it?
Chambers and Legal500 don't charge nomination fees, AFAIK. But I don't know how helpful any of these rankings to genuine understand a firm or lawyer's capabilities, given that you submit your matters and client references. You would obviously refer those with which you have a good rapport. But these are still better than nothing because they can check the breadth of your experience and clientele.
Sab bike hue hai.
All these 30 under 30 and 40 under 40 are sellouts.
I know a connection on linkedin who got a mail from marketing team of fortune magazine for putting his nane on 30 under 30 for 2 Lacs or something but funniest part was that he wasn't even under 30 lmao.
Just remember for every 30 under 30 and 40 under 40 bullshit. There are 100 smart ass people who don't give a shit about these sellout rankings and awards.
Following don't charge:
Legal 500
Chambers
IBLJ
Thomson Reuters - ALB.
Kians now defunct Inlegal
(Please add to the list)

How they rank:
Filing of exhaustive forms and submissions, references, etc.

How they make money:
Post award profiles. For which they charge bomb. Wonder when a India based ranking will come up.
Thomson Reuters - ALB charges event attendance charges and there is no surety of winning. Not worth applying for. Sure wastage of money.
IFLR, Asialaw, Benchmark too don't charge and independent. Exhaustive filling and submission of matters is required.