Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
If any one has any information regarding reopening, please tell us. Will the firms continue to work from home till July or is there any chance of WFH extending to the Calendar year's end?
Although I didn't ask the question, but my parents are trying to get me married! I don't know why they can't understand that nobody is in the mental frame to think about these things amidst THE pandemic.
Indian parents and their weird fascination of arranging a girl/boy for their child to sleep with!
No idea why you're asking this (and no, let's not kid ourselves, it's not just curiousity).

But if you're one of those great souls who is hoping to return to office (despite how messed up the COVID situation is - especially in cities like Delhi and Bombay), then, you really need to get your head out of your rear. WFH may be inconvenient for some (and I hear this a lot among folks who live in places where they claim that the basic amenities like wifi aren't as great), but it is both necessary and convenient for many others.

If (and do note the if) your desire for resumption of work from office is because, you either lack the work ethic to function at optional or full capacity remotely (and yes, this is a problem that some genuinely face, though, most are not selfish or silly enough to expect their problem to be the basis of decisions impacting ... more than just themselves), then, the solution to fix it for yourself. If working from your family home base is a reason for this inefficiency for instance, then get back to your work city and work from home alone (again after taking into account safety aspects, and other related factors) or set better boundaries with family. If it's because WiFi sucks, get a wired LAN (fiber connections are excellent and not a major expense - and assuming you're not paying rent, shouldn't be an issue to pick up a better plan either).

If you just miss the little pleasures (they exist!) of working from office, such as the ability to grab a coffee with colleagues and chit chat while bumping into them in corridors etc., I understand that and sympathize, but I need to suck it up (and this would be one of the few instances where "suck it up" is possibly the best advice that you will hear).
Yup that, and the general inability to actually breathe down a colleague's neck. So, therefore colleague is inefficient too!
I am 100% all sure law firms will fully reopen by October and end all WFH arrangements permanently.
Ha! Well with a third wave being predicted, that wouldn’t be the most prudent thing to do!
It's not what the people want and it doesn't matter what the people want.Never has, frankly speaking.It's what the law firms and senior lawyers want.
Depending on the success of Covid vaccination drive and lack of third wave of infections.
WFH must end. It is making many associates unproductive and lethargic.
That and the fact that WFH is shrinking your megalomaniac ego which needs to breathe fire down and bite off associate heads to make you feel good about yourself.You need WFH dismantled for your survival and not just your ego,because your boss is breathing fire down your neck because his boss is biting bitig off his head....so on and so forth.I dread to think of what's gonna happen when physical offices start.
Third wave is supposedly going to peak in October. So WFH till end of the year.
Most likely it would stretch till the end of the year given the third wave