Read 35 comments as:
Filter By
There is no way that vaccinations would be complete in mere 4 months given the supply/demand mismatch and the sheer number of people involved. In a country of over 100 crores population, not even a crore people have been vaccinated yet in the past 3 months.
In your dreams, vaccination will be completed by July/August. There is such a shortage of vaccines. The only hope for WFH to end is in the 2022 (likely in the second half). Our population is 138 crore.
I have heard one firm called people back physically to office months before vaccination even started.Because of this firm,others law firms started calling employees back to office.WFH will end because of that firm for lawyers that started this,not just because of vaccination.I would not be at all surprised if after vaccination,they will probably make you sign some stupid bond saying you want to live and work at the office 24 hours.Like seriously a lawyer's union badly needed.
Name them. JSA called back everyone in 2020 itself and caused a string of infections. Second waves are caused by bad decisions like this. What other firm? Name and shame covidiots
Last year, JSA slashed interns' stipend from 7.2k to 6k once wfh started. I'm sure the firm was able to bring down its costs drastically by introducing this measure.
Agreed. After this firm had called back it's people I was scared it might influence my firm also.
Are you referring to the CAM October 2020 email calling employees "voluntarily" back to office?From what I hear ,with the negative feedback it got aborted.But some other firms did follow.This is a whole chain and pressure to follow reaction that when one firm does something like this,other firms follow mindlessly.And literally no one seems to care for lives of employees.
Don't believe that it was fully aborted, some employees were called to office.
Guys! Know that getting vaccinated is no guarantee to not catching Covid. Don't see a reason to call people to offices during pandemic specially when WFH has been running smoothly everywhere. Unless your firm is sadist and doesn't care about your life, it won't call you to office. So, don't worry about your life.
For those of us in Tier-1 firms are still lucky to be in WFH. Unfortunately our friends working in those offices which are not even ranked as tier-3 firm, people are being called back as if no pandemic is going on in the country.
Law firms don't care if you get Covid and die, so they may call people back to work.
Then just resign from such blood sucking firms and join a better place which doesn't see you as a mere money-making resource but also values your life.
It's only entitled privileged fools who didn't need their jobs for survival or who don't have families dependenton them who talk big comments saying resign.People need their jobs and hang onto them even if they are blood and life sucking jobs.People probably need those jobs to pay for their family member on a seriously mind-blowingly EXPENSIVE ICU or ventilator bed or to pay off the EMI or just to put food on the table for family .They hope to manage to stay alive till they can get to a better job.In this pandemic,no one can afford to just resign and leave,so stop the impractical comments, people who work because they need towill never question the employers and will reach for physical office even in this raging pandemic
A small part of me is hoping and praying for a vaccine-resistant strain to emerge.
I can understand where that would come from, but for you to air such a vile thought, you could have applied your mind and used a filter.
It was clearly a comment that was a complete hypothetical and ironic to make a statement, rather than expressing an actual literal wish, though perhaps one in bad taste...
Yup, perhaps. Most lawyers here aren't exactly fans of dark humor it seems.
Which is understandable, as we are subjected to it quite frequently by our bosses.
Instead of giving curse to the society why don't you just out in some real efforts to get a full time WFH job? Too much effort huh? Or is it too easy to make bullshit prayers for the sake of your own comfort?
Yes, I'm sure one guy's 'curse' is really going to make things like these come true. Do you also believe that this whole pandemic started due to some guy's 'curse to the society'? And how about the fact that most of the world is praying for things to get better? By your logic, all those prayers should easily overpower that one guy's curse and stop the whole pandemic, right?
For you to make such comment you are probably going through something really terrible.Hang in there.You never know when you will turn a corner for the better.Not one to advocate prayer(not a believer),but whatever your prayer or prayers don't be dumb to announce that one above.Depending on the part of the country,you will get targeted by some angry mob.
I have mixed feelings about comment 6. It sounds cruel and insensitive, but also shows the desperation of young lawyers to escape the cruelty and exploitation of law firms. So much that they would prefer there to be a national disaster than go back to a life of slavery.
Haha force people after vaccination? My workplace forced people to join physical office last year in July or else quit. Physical office has been running since then. This month in mid april declared wfh because of several covid cases in office_that too late decision. After that, in a bizzarre turn of events, told people who left delhi ncr and went home in wfh that their entire 2weeks work is nothing and no pay to be given, you can resume wfh only if you come to Delhi NCR in such circumstances. Else stay at home without pay and without work. This comes at a time when people are struggling to breathe, struggling to stay alive.
And how great is our Covid Policy? If you are down with Covid which you obviously contracted while coming/going from office, we will deduct your absence from your yearly leaves which we hand out to you as a favor. You got Covid, oh it's your issue. Not the firm's.
Is this serious? I think this should be highlighted on a bigger forum. The firms shouldn't be allowed to harass the employees like this. This is inhuman, inconsiderate and nothing of this sort is expected from a firm like Singh & Associates. I request editors to take serious cognizance of this issue here.
Struggling to breathe or live, how does that matter? You have to adhere to "protocols" if that even means you fall sick, die, struggle financially. But how dare you go back to your hometown in the warmth, care and protection of your parents in a situation when thousands are dying near you, when the entire capital has become one big grave. How dare you work and meet deadlines from the comfort of your home? Ofcourse that's not acceptable. Ofcourse we will cut your pay for that. And ofcourse we are capable of firing you for that. We can fire you for making efforts to keep yourself alive, we can and we will :)
Biglaw is an inhuman job.Only greedy, rabid and ruthless capitalists thrive in biglaw.This is true across the world.Humanity is absent in those plush offices.The Govt should ruthlessly crack down on big law and look into the issue of these retainer contracts.It is such a sham.