Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, just wanted to know which (if any) law firms in India conduct surprise/scheduled/frequent drug tests of their associates. Would especially like to know about tier 1 firms (CAM, SAM, AZB, Trilegal, Khaitan, JSA, L&L, NDA, TT&A, S&R), but others can chip in too. Also, if you are aware, please mention if it's just the policy of a particular office of the firm, or if it's a nationwide policy.

Asking for a friend. He says thanks in advance!
Firstly, reiterating that TT&A and S&R are not tier I.

Secondly, no firm can conduct a surprise drug test. It will be the invasion of privacy of the people involved. This is not 'The Office' although you can find a lot of Dwights here.

Thirdly, please tell your friend to chill.
@Babloo (you are no Bablo) - if you believe everything you see on TV, then I have Nigerian Prince friend who needs you to lend him some cash.
You can do all the drugs you want in your spare time so long as you can complete your work to an acceptable standard. No one cares what you do after hours (and hopefully you're not doing drugs during office hours).

Be aware that it is a slippery slope and I know a few people who went a little too far with frequent drug use. So, be careful and keep your nose clean.
I can assure you this - a significantly large percentage of the headcount of a firm will fail the test. My PA (now Partner) rolled a nice J in the smoking room of a bar and then proceeded to smoke it with me.