Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Does anyone have any clue as to the pay and work life at the newer law firms such as regstreet law and singularity legal?
Strongly disagree. Having worked at both tier 1s and non tier 1 firms, from my personal experience, the stress at non tier 1s is generally more. working on reduced budgets, competing with tier 1s for clients and hustling to stay relevant in an overcrowded legal market typically make the non tier 1 bosses extremely grumpy, idiosyncratic and unpleasant. Moreover they give the impression that they're putting money from their own pockets to the associates and hence make the environment extremely toxic. To top it off, the pay is average at best. Life at a non tier 1 sucks
No clue about the pay but might get some peace of mind
I'd take a 20-40% pay cut and a 9 hour workday without giving it a second thought.
Problem is I haven't heard from a single non-tier 1 associate (except maybe LKS) who has a less stressful work life than at a tier 1.
Hey,
I had interned at regstreet and my observations would be of limited help. I am not aware of the pay of an A0, but I suppose it is around 35-45k pm. And work hours are rough, it is hectic, of what I have seen.
I don't think RegStreet is new? If I am not mistaken it's erstwhile name was Suvan Law Advisors. 1 thing you need to keep in mind is NOT the pay. But the actual work done by firms. RegStreet is a boutique law firm working on SEBI / RBI matters exclusively. If that's the work you want to do all your life please join. They pay in the range of 50-60k for freshers if I am not mistaken. But never run after money. After few years of experience you MAY not be able to switch to general corporate, banking, ipr etc. If you find such work boring in some time, well.. I hope the money keeps you happy. Understand a firm before trying and applying. You will always get money in future if you like the work. But if you start with something you do not like, even freshers these days have more experience than a 2 years experience in a different practice area.