Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
We have already seen public tweets that juniors at some NLUs are expected to address seniors as "Sir". But what about ragging? Which NLUs are the worst? All CLAT aspirants and parents must know this.
I’m not sure how anyone can determine which NLU has the worst ragging. One student will usually spend his entire 5 years in one law school. The only way they get to know about ragging in another NLU would be via second person account which is hearsay at best. Even within an NLU, some may have extremely varying experiences depending upon their current seniors and who they interact with.

It’s safe to say most NLUs have ragging in some form or the other, but it usually ends after 1st year. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The more important question is what is the reason/ why a power dynamic exists that makes ragging acceptable.
Kindly define ragging* so that the answer can set you at ease about your worries.

* It can be, in my mind, an entire spectrum of things. Some people may be unaffected by most of them, others not so much.
As a remnant of the old order at NUJS, I really miss getting ragged. Seniors would stay in their limits (nothing physical), and it would be a trippy time, if you submitted to it. I got introduced to so many helpful (and also not helpful) seniors via the process and many of them are good friends of mine now post-college.

The current crop detest ragging and use fancy words like "abuse of power structure" and other BS along those lines and have completely ruined the institution. There's a reason that the bonhomie between Noojies is soooo much, with the decline of ragging, so will this.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate for this, but oh well. I said my piece.
I'm from NLU Jodhpur. We used to have fun "ragging" sessions. I came to know most people in college through this or through smoking the cream with them. I remember being distinctly not scared in them and laughing along.

One or two assholes always went further than they ought to have - but I felt the others usually quickly stopped them. Ragging was at most a month long thing when everybody had loads of attendance to waste and money to blow on booze - that and boredom.

In fact, during my times, I reckon paying CS was a lot more dangerous - one stray gaali on the server to a senior who was playing with a different name than usual and they'd come over to rough you up! lol
Noojie and NLU Jodhpur seem to be suffering from Stockholm syndrome, but okay.

For the kids in college reading this - it’s possible to have a good β€˜bonhomie’ with your seniors without them exploiting you or insulting you. Decent seniors are willing to help without ragging juniors. Find them and keep them close.
Absolutely. I myself graduated from NUJS. My seniors never tried to rag me in any way imaginable other than to ask me to sing a song once. I still had fantastic relations with many of them and have benefited from their guidance throughout my time in law school. Nor have I ever asked a junior to do absolutely anything, even to fetch a book for me, unless they volunteered to do so. Didn't stop me from getting to know them and help them either. This mindset that ragging is the key to building relationships is a toxic one.
I feel you bro. Same goes for NALSAR. Shit went down with the 2016/2017 graduating batches.