Read 29 comments as:
Filter By
Let's talk automobiles.

What are some fancy cars you have spotted in the parking lots of your firms?

The partner I work for, rolls in blacked out mercedes Maybach and is a beautiful sight to see everyday.

What is your dream car? & at what level of work ex do you think you will be able to purchase it?
Sorry to bring you down to earth, but owning a luxury car in India is a waste of money as the roads are terrible and you can rarely go past 30 km in city traffic. Also, taxi drivers abroad drive Mercs and BMWs, so it's better to go with brands like Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche,
Wow imagine being so wrong about so many things in one go. By your logic, the best vehicle to own in India should be an auto since you're capped at 30kmph on bad roads. What's wrong with taxi drivers driving Mercs overseas?? And anyway there's a lot of Merc/BMW cabbies in India as well, if you know where to look.
Let people talk na

This is a topic which though vain - is something people are curious about
Let us blow some steam man
Can you tell us about practice area / pedigree / star status of partner
Is he a family law firm MP/senior partner?
Because a May back is huge otherwise
A 7-word comment posted 3 years ago was not published.
I just know that the owner of a boutique and family owned law firm based in MP is planning to buy a Bentley.
Have seen my boss drive down to the office in his Aston Martin Virage Volante a couple of times.
Amazing sight.
Not to mention the Range Rover, Lexus and the BMW

I also have a BMW 5 series yaar
Naval Chopra has a Porsche 911 cabriolet in silver and a Boxster S in blue. Class!
Source of funds? Competition law partners hardly make as much as M&A ones.
Why would this be β€˜facts contested’? If you believe competition lawyers make as much as M&A lawyers I have a bridge in Brooklyn I’d like to sell to you.
Btw how do disputes party nerd do on the payments scale? Where do they lie?
You really think that?
Boss Naval is the biggest rainmaker at SAM after the Shroffs and Chudasama. His take him is probably in the 10cr+ range. So why cant he afford a 2 cr car?
Grow up people.
He is Shardul Shroff's son-in-law, so moolah is from family pot of the firm, not his competition law practice. Though it must be said that he is one of the best in that as well.
Bicycles are the new trend. I see a few kids these days coming to office riding their fancy bicycles.

A few days before I called my associate and he told me that he has gone out for cycling. I asked if that is even a thing?
You really ought to go out and do things in life more... maybe "your" associate can tell you the new things which kids do these days?
Are the lit teams underpaid in the tier 1 firms, like what is the parity??
Nah,it's undervalued rather than underpaid.See the lit teams are not underpaid as such but I have gathered unverified intelligence and I do kind of believe that lit teams are paid less than other teams at T1s.This was pre pandemic.That differential is now more post the pandemic.But no is speaking up with looming threat of T1s looking to shave off members from lit teams or the lit guys just start to look out.
An eminent senior in KarHC/SC rolls up in a dark blue Maybach S500 when he's in Bangalore.

Don't know what he's got in Delhi, though I dare say the double M would be better served in Delhi.
A 10-word comment posted 3 years ago was not published.