Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
Will keep this short. Thank you for the time.

Background: 9+ PQE in Criminal Law. Have not had any exposure to the civil side.

Current status: Litigator attached to an office of a Senior Counsel (Crim Law practice).

Prospective filed of expansion: Arbitration.

Reason to expand: Trial work has almost dried up in Covid and is not expected to pick up till 2023. At a comfortable level in criminal law but have to diversify the practice areas to sustain the family and also for the long term. Knowing/practice in only one field of law has suddenly become dangerous.

Why Arbitration: The ease of finding clients; the scope to start small and then expand. Also appears to not be as complicated as civil suits.

Approach: Completely new to the subject. Thus, the procedural approach is rather naΓ―ve.

Resources: Have picked up PC Markanda's Arbitration Step by Step and RS Bachawat's commentary.

I seek: Guidance on how to approach and learn this law. Books, procedural guides, and tips in the context of small to mid level local arbitrations.

Sidebar: Love reading your comments and views on the quirks of law firm life. Y'all seem to be in a different planet. Thank you for that view.
> Sidebar: Love reading your comments and views on the quirks of law firm life. Y'all seem to be in a different planet. Thank you for that view.

Why don't you also share some quirks about crim lit? It'll be certainly different from what we normally talk about here. Plus, I'd love to hear about a completely different practise area.
Actually now that you’re here
Please please tell us about the quirks of criminal law practice
Give us all the deets you can please
(And please give some context so we can understand better eg city, past work ex, family background etc etc)

Sorry I’m a student and have no ans to your question but would be really grateful if you help us out here
Hi, the most difficult part will be getting clients to represent. In criminal and arbitration there is not much overlap, unless you do white collar crime... So you need to activate your network to get corporates and corporate law firms or other advocates to refer you work. The law itself you can learn, but you'll need a bit of experience the get the procedural aspects of arbitration fully.