Read 34 comments as:
Filter By
Even with the second wave lashing across India leaving a trail of death in its wake some law firms are dragging their associates to work. So many partners are vaccinated now, but their teams are completely unprotected, but that hasn't deterred law firms from risking attorney lives.

Name and shame your law firm in this thread if they're making you come in to work despite the state of the country today and contributing to the death tally
Shame shame!!! Kian, you should do a separate article on this and post pictures of these partners.
And the people who have been sent home for quarantine have been asked to WFH with laptop cameras on.

Big Brother is watching. 😭😭
Seriously? That's toxic to ask associates to work with camera on. Mujhse toh na ho pata. I would have resigned without any second thought.
If my partner wants to see me dig for gold in my nose every three minutes that's his problem not mine. Enjoy the show.
Just not sure why would someone play around someone else's health...! Why can't all of them work from home??
Because Indian law firms are like sweet shops. The Chief halwai would like to see his 'chhotus' fry the samosas on premises only and not from home. This is the mentality.
Seniors who bully juniors into physically attending office are not just Covidiots but monsters who don't deserve to be called humans.
AZB Noida (CONFIRMED)

and almost AZB Mumbai (I can confirm that at least 1 Bombay associate I personally know who works in the TOP M&A team in this office and is currently living in his home town was told to shift back to Bombay in April as they might need him to attend office physically on days they like - though not regularly I think - thankfully this plan has been canned mostly)
Can confirm. Work from office since August 2020. Called everyone even when Maharashtra stipulated 50% capacity.
At least 2 other law firms in Bellard Estate are working at full capacity
No respect for human life. Both NOIDA and Mumbai. Offering Johnson&Johnson vaccine despite issues with blood clots and US ban. FML.
How are they offering this exactly? By shipping those from the US? Because I don't think that it is approved in India yet, and certainly not to lawyers of any age below 45.
KCO Bangalore. Seniors partners have been consistently pushing the resources working out of their hometowns to return to Bangalore/office with not so subtle hints towards bonuses taking a hit for people who don't.
Heard that some partners in Indus are insisting... Because especially BD doesn't happen unless one is in office. And they don't know what associates are doing at far flung home locations and team is disconnected with no control it seems...
Yet another reason why we need foreign law fans to replace these glorified grocery shop sethjis.
How stupid can one be that despite repeated cases of covid detected in the office, the management is not ready to shut the office! On top of that they want everyone to WFH with the camera switched on at all times!
Link Legal Mumbai corporate team!!! They always spent time unnecessarily in office anyways...