Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
From what I am hearing, the firms have had a better year than before, due to COVID. Apparently, 12 hour workdays became 14-16 hour workdays. No shortage of work either.

I know for a fact, JSA made 20% more revenue than last FY. Can someone please confirm this for other firms?
If you are a client : yes we had a better year. All our clients paid as per our rates, so don't ask for discount.

If you are a retainer at the firm : no we had a bad year. We'll not give what's due to you.
At some point, the law firm ecosystem in India will have to co-opt transparency about revenue.
Legal industry in India is dominated by few big names and almost a monopoly for some promoter law firms with the big corporates and industrialists being clients and family friends of the promoter driven law firms for decades. Me thinks dat any change or professionalization will happen when foreign law firms gain entry into India.Till then, keep wishing for transparency.
Do you seriously yhink the law firms will disclose whether they have increased revenues?Never, especially not the big ones who announced pay cuts,pay freezes etc...they will have major legal liability because they took steps of pay cuts/freezes when work went on smoothly.Effectively they would be in legal breach of their retainer contracts,and so many complained about being heavily overworked through pandemic.It will raise the question of why should the overworked transactiobal teams take a hit of litigation revenues decreasing. It will open a Pandora's box.its going to take a CBI to uncover the real revenues of law firms in the pandemic.
Yes at least for many T1 Law firms who increased revenues, very clearly ,it's so obvious from how they have stepped up hirings,doubled up office spaces,gave bonuses/extra-bonuses(even a firm where partners are fighting in Court),gone recruiting for campuses(similar or almost same to pre Covid numbers).
The question should be are firms increasing the Covid bonuses proportionately?I know you want to ask this question and so do I.all afrustrated associates feeling zero valued and underpaid, please get in line behind me to start the lawyer Union.