Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
I wanted to know what the work is like in the TMT practice of law firms. Is it as template driven as other practice areas? What are the working hours like? Are there other pros and cons one should know?

Thanks!
Don't, just don't, if you have an alternate, don't do TMT.
Most of it will be telecom and media drudgery.
There will be tech work but then again you will need to become a jack of all, master of none.
For eg - You can be asked to research the taxability of bitcoins, FEMA applicability, whether bitcoin is secure, does ICO attract SEBI regulations. Each of these questions deals with a very different area of law but you will need to know all of them to answer the query. It is one thing to broaden your horizon and doing stuff beyond your comfort zone and another to tackle everything that is out there under the sun.
IMHO, you will be better off with a more specialized practice, rest I leave up to you. This comes from someone who understands tech.
Is TMT really that bad? As someone who loves technology so much, I wanted to get into this.
Kabhi Dept. Of Telecom ke website se kuch kaam ka nikaalne ki koshish karna, samajh aajaayega.
Yes it’s a thankless practice as people think it’s cool and easy to be a technology lawyer and is something like cap markets work (which is a joke) but knowing these multiple laws to develop structures is exhausting. More so when anyone who doesn’t do this work understands that.
I hope you made progress since this post. I am also interested in tech. Did you get a job ? or a good internship ?
The problem is not the practice area but the fact that India is technological weakling compared tin the West and law firm owners have also not invested enough to make the area more interesting.