Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Hey,
I am a penultimate student at a traditional law school and intended to bag a job in gen Corp/ m&a practice area?
What are the resources/books/materials one should refer and read?

Help please.
Sorry to break it for you kid, but unless (i) you know somebody really big/connected; or (ii) are supremely skilled and have a stellar CV (that you ought to have built by now, assuming you are at the close of your 4th year), your chances of getting into a decent Corp/M&A practice are really slim.

Coming to your query, be proficient with the bare text of the companies act, etc, read the slimmest book on company law in your college library, keep track of what's happening in the industry, read articles by law firms & business news networks, learn to draft agreements, or join some course, then try securing internships at good law firms (it ain't gonna be a cakewalk for you), and absorb as much as you can.
Hi, I'm not the one who put up the question but I am about to enter the penultimate year of law school. Is it really that difficult for a Non-NLU kid to end up in Gen Corp/M&A. Please note that I'm not referring to tier-1 firms here. Just a normal tier 2 or a boutique law firm is satisfactory for me.
You gotta be really really skilled and hard working, so that you nail your internships, and get that job. Competition is quite stiff (even for tier 2 & boutique law firms), with more law graduates each year than are demanded by the industry.