Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
Hello everyone,

I am a student at one of the T5 NLUs who wishes to know how they can maximise their chances of securing a job at one of the Tier 1 law firms, given the reduced hiring due to the pandemic. I am in the third year currently and have previously interned with the Dispute Resolution teams of a couple of Tier 2 and Tier 3 law firms. I have not as of yet interned with a Tier 1 firm and lack any relevant publications on commercial law, if at all that is important (do let me know if it is!) Furthermore, I am within the 20% of my batch (so far) and I am open to working on both contentious and non-contentious matters.

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
Hey,
What do you mean by T5 (top 5 or tier 5, if something like this even exists.)
Make sure you keep your rank well within top 20-25 of your batch.
And by end of 3rd year, have some sort of a picture in your mind regarding the practice area you would want to pursue.
Get a decent number of publications published (focus on quality).
While Interning, try to maintain good contact with the associates and ask for feedback.
Get your basics done first i.e grip on basic subjects like contract topa company law cpc arbitration.
Read and be updated with the practice are you intend to pursue.
Don't stress out, everything falls in the place, if you have a decent attitude.
Intern where you get to learn more rather than those shiny places.
You would get decent tier-1 internships in the fourth year, if you apply through your placement cel and if you strive individually, write a good cover letter accompanying your CV.
All the best.