Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
I am a student entering my third year at one of the top NLUs. I have a decent batch rank (Top 20s) and I'm looking for internships at law firms to learn the ropes of transactional work.
How can I get internships at firms which do good transactional work, especially during this period of COVID frenzy?
Most of the applications I've sent out have not been responded to and it is impossible to follow up at most of these places due to WFH and the calls go unanswered.
Any tips to convert the applications into internships would be appreciated. Thanks!
Also can someone specify the kind of work they are getting, considering there is huge difference between physical internship and online internship?
For me after 4 virtual internships, one helped me learning something. Other three were basically doing clerical work with no application of mind, that too work was assigned once in a blue moon even after pestering the associates every day. Virtual internships need to go as soon as this all is over. If not, it will only produce law students without any actual knowledge about the practice.
True, the problem of accessibility also makes it worse, I have friends and batchmates who by virtue of being in Delhi have got the opportunity to do physical internship while I feel like lagging behind, it will be really helpful if someone could guide where to intern in a virtual mode and also get actual work rather than just doing clerical work.