Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
GNLU got a bad reputation under Bimal Patel, but that era is over. A legitimate question to ask if GNLU can become a top 3 NLU in the next 10 years. Here are the pros and cons:

PROS:

- Student achievements: Good placements, Rhodes, other LLM scholarships etc

- Big campus

- Excellent development of Gujarat and location of top universities in Ahmedabad/Gandhinagar, such as IIMA (the best IIM). Joint courses with IIMA can be offered.

- Support of PM Modi and increased funding.

- Support of Shroff family .

- Chief Justice of India is Chancellor. Most NLUs have state CJs.

- Chance to be declared Institution of National Importance if Gujarat govt approaches PM Modi.

- Decline of competitor NLUs, which will make it easier to get to the #3 spot.

CONS:

- Batch size should be smaller and purely merit based except for the bare minimum reservation quotas required per law. NLSIU model should be followed. No excessive quotas.

- Stupid CLAT coaches tell students to put certain NLUs ahead preference which should actually be lower. These people don't know anything.

- Media coverage needs to be more positive. PR needs to be better.
A 4-word comment posted 3 years ago was not published.
I am pretty sure that GNLU is improving. But honestly, top 3 does not seeem to be possible in near future. It has to first overtake NLUJ and NLIU, then possibly NUJS.

While, that is not impossible, doesn't seem to be happening in next 5 years.
Despite all the downvotes the post makes some valid points in terms of pros. With the new admin in place, GNLU has indeed shot up in rankings, especially NIRF, but there simply is no space in the top 3 for GNLU, not in this decade at least. Legacy institutes will always be in the top 3, but there could arguably be space for GNLU in the top 5. Look at the KCO promotions - GNLU is up there with the big names.

To sum, GNLU will keep rising in rankings and become a top tier NLU but will not crack the top 3 any time soon.
We have a dedicated rankings team now that works on making submissions for these rankings which is maybe why the NIRF jump happened last year. We have a lot of untapped potential including the stuff that’s pointed out above and hopefully with time we’ll hit the big leagues!!
Lol, rankings team. That's how public money is being spent these days. What about getting some good quality faculty instead?
I firmly believe that GNLU has potential of being amongst the top 3 NLUs in coming 5 years. The research output, student’s getting prestigious foreign scholarships, placement records speaks for itself.
GNLU undoubtedly has surpassed NLIU Bhopal and is presently at par with NLU-J but the recent i.e 2021 NIRF Rankings provide you a good insight that it has now even surpassed NLU-J to take that 4th spot in the NLU list excluding NLU-D which isn’t a part of CLAT yet.
I personally believe GNLU by 2025 will surpass NUJS Kolkata and be the 3rd preference of CLAT aspirants.
What research output? Do point me in the relevant direction.

PS: This is a genuine post by an ex-student.
What research output? Are we calling the holding of a webinar/lecture a day research output now?
What do you mean by "can"? Its already the bast in India and will soon be bast in the world
A 31-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.