Subscribe for perks & to support LI

Your Interests & Preferences: Personalise your reading

Which best describes your role and/or interests?

I work in a law firm
I work for a company / in-house
I'm a litigator at the bar
I'm a law student
Aspiring law student
Other
Save setting
Or click here to show more preferences...

I am interested in the following types of stories (uncheck to hide from frontpage)

Firms / In-House
Deals
Courts
Legal Education

Always show me: (overrides the above)

Exclusives & Editor's Picks

Website Look & Feel

Light Text on Dark Background

Save preferences


Note: Your preferences will be saved in your browser. You can always change your settings by clicking the Your Preferences button at the top of every page.

Reset preferences to defaults?

Desai & D, Luthra act on sale of NH-11 road for Rs 525 crore

Desai & Diwanji and Luthra & Luthra acted on the sale of Jaipur Mahua Tollway, a four-laning project conessionnaire of the Jaipur-Mahua section of National Highway 11, for Rs 525 crore to ISQ Asia Infrastructure I, an affiliate of US-based fund I Squared Capital.

Desai & Diwanji Mumbai partner Ketaki Gor Mehta, assisted by associates Niharika Mepani and Rahul Deodhar, acted for the IJM group.

Luthra & Luthra partners Sameen Vyas, Manmeet Singh and Suyash Srivastava, assisted by senior associate Viplav Sharma and associates Anubha Sital and Shantanu Gupta, acted for ISQ

Only 74 per cent of equity shares will be sold now, with the remaining 26 per cent being sold after approval from the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) through put and call options.

Click to show 12 comments
at your own risk
(alt+shift+c)
By reading the comments you agree that they are the (often anonymous) personal views and opinions of readers, which may be biased and unreliable, and for which Legally India therefore has no liability. If you believe a comment is inappropriate, please click 'Report to LI' below the comment and we will review it as soon as practicable.
refresh Filter out low-rated comments. Show all comments. Sort chronologically
1
Show?
Like +3 Object -4 Guest 11 Dec 14, 15:03
Finally a deal by luthra. yay
Reply Report to LI
1.1
Like +8 Object -4 Guest 11 Dec 14, 15:46
That's not surprising....while a firm like desai dewanji managed to do it with a team of three it took luthra double the team and triple the number of partners.
Reply Report to LI
1.1.1
Like +7 Object -1 angoor 11 Dec 14, 22:52  interesting
sour grapes. Are you Desai Diwanji?
Reply Report to LI
1.1.1.1
Show?
Like +2 Object -7 Confused 12 Dec 14, 01:16
Eh? What's sour grapes about it? Careless and reckless commenting pointing fingers at the firm you just acted opposite. One wonders if you ran amok during negotiations as well.
Reply Report to LI
2
Like +9 Object -2 Not Invited 11 Dec 14, 19:29  interesting
@Guest clearly hasn't realized the difference between the role of Investors' counsel and Seller's/Promoter Counsel.
Reply Report to LI
2.1
Show?
Like +1 Object -4 Law Student 11 Dec 14, 21:55
Pray tell and shine the light of knowledge on our ignorant minds.
Reply Report to LI
2.2
Show?
Like +2 Object -2 Observer 11 Dec 14, 21:58
Umm.....I have seen many articles for similar and more complex deals were the investor counsel was represented by a team led by a single partner....so you have clearly not understood the meaning of efficiency, ability and going easy on the client's pocket.
Reply Report to LI
3
Show?
Like +0 Object -1 small time law firm 11 Dec 14, 19:30
Guest must have always been a seller's counsel.
Reply Report to LI
3.1
Show?
Like +1 Object -3 Attaboy 12 Dec 14, 01:17
Good to see contemporaries - small firms and luthra - looking out for each other.
Reply Report to LI
4
Like +12 Object -2 Guest 12 Dec 14, 02:18  interesting
Viplav good to see you back in action
Reply Report to LI
5
Like +5 Object -0 Guest 12 Dec 14, 19:22  interesting
Viplav the rockstar!
Reply Report to LI
6
Show?
Like +0 Object -3 Guest 13 Jan 15, 14:24
Go niharika!
Reply Report to LI


Latest comments