Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Are you a law student or are thinking about becoming a lawyer? Share your experiences and ask your questions here.
Share this: Facebook Twitter Google Email

The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards?

The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 4 years 8 months ago #1

• An Ordinary girl with an Extraordinary destiny.
  • Nightcrawler
  • Legally Experienced
  0Log in or create a free account to participate and promote this post up the page...
Hi everyone!

I am in Class XII with stream Commerce/Maths and I desire to appear for the CLAT 2011 after giving my Board Exams. There is a Career Launcher Institute (LST) in my City but I have not taken up the LST plus course (Reason being utter exhaustion and subsequent effect on my Board Results). Plus I am not very excited about taking up Law Coaching in Patna itself.

Please suggest some good institutes for preparation of the same with the time for prep. being around 1 month (Exams end on 30th March and CLAT exams in the first week of May)

This is the time limit I've got. Looking forward to good suggestions from experienced people.

P.S.- Will Career Launcher at Pune help me serve my purpose? (Its International Environment is a MAJOR con of the same)

Tankew!
2nd year law student at a much scorned private law school. Well, haters be haters. I seek to change things around a bit and I am sure I will. Namaste! Hum kuch bakwas nahi samajhte :)

Re:The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 4 years 7 months ago #2

0Log in or create a free account to participate and promote this post up the page...
Well I really have no idea how good is the LST centre in Patna.The thing is LST material is very good and precise.But LST mock tests aren't that great.So either you join LST Express,which is a 1 month crash course held in April and also join fr IMS SimCLAT's.SimCLAT's are prat of the IMS test series and are really very helpful and better than the LST mocks.
Or otherwise head all the way to Chennai in the month of April and join SRIRAM RAPID course,which is a 1 month crash course where you can stay and study in the SRIRAM hostel itself.You have a lot of time to decide.So think properly and make a wise decision.

IMS WEBSITE:imsindia.com/law
SRIRAM Website:lawentrancecoaching.com
LST Website:Lawentrance.com

Re:The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 4 years 7 months ago #3

• Duke
If you can go to Delhi and prepare for a month it will be good. There are many places there.

Re:The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 4 years 7 months ago #4

• swetha
I am currently studying in NLS, I took coaching both from LST and PRIME. But I find PRIME material far better than any others. also mocks from PRIME are very good. even sriram's material is not good except for legal. legal is only for 40 marks..so for 40 marks you cant sacrifice other sections..
talk to PRIME people..they will help you out ... or check www.primetutor.com

Re:The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 4 years 7 months ago #5

I really dont know abt good institute !
But can suggest u that dont join LST!
By joining LST i had completely lost my one year!

Re:The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 4 years 7 months ago #6

• Jude
That you have decided to appear for CLAT this early is in itself a good first move. Selecting a good coaching program by what is just word of mouth is going to difficult, I have been there and done that. You have to remember that the course ware from these coaching institutes are just a supplement to what you are already learning or have learnt in school (other than the Legal GK and Reasoning stuff).

So what makes for a good package then? In a nutshell the quality of the content and its delivery.
I chose Paradygmlaw.com for my younger brother (for 2010) after a lot of research on the internet and then finally speaking to both the co founders Anita and Rishi. Anita is a NLSIU Bangalore graduate and Rishi an IIM Ahmedabad graduate. They are personally involved in the Crash course and their faculty consists of NLSUI and NALSAR students and graduates. Their classes are interactive and study material comprehensive and easy to follow. Plus their mock exams are based on the analysis of previous papers and replicate the actual CLAT exam quite well. Their feedback definitely helped with my brothers confidence. He said that the exam yesterday went well. Lets now wait for the results.

The only drawback I can see in your case is that they only have these classes in Bangalore but I believe they do make arrangements for stay so I'd suggest you have a word with them (98860 - 37005 ask for Anita)

Re:The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 4 years 7 months ago #7

• NLS B'lore
I am from nls!
I guess there no need to join any such institute!
I made to nls in first attempt in 2008 clat without joining
any classes!
Ones efforts and determination is enough!
There are number of very good books available
such as Universal that will give an idea of the content!
So it is better to make effort and schedule and say no
money making institute!
But a postal course of
shriram,universal,etc
may help you!

Re:The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 4 years 7 months ago #8

• Vaibhav
I partly agree with the previous comment. Its all about the effort you put in, if you think you can, you will. If you think you need help then get some. Its all about how confident you are. These institutes exist because most of us are inherently a little too lazy to put in the time and effort on our own. There aren't too many free CLAT resources on th net unfortunately. On getting paid help make sure that you choose wisely because you will only know the quality of the material after you have paid for it. Couple of places that offer correspondence postal packages that you could check out are:

IMS
PRIME Tutorials
Paradygmlaw.com
Career Launcher
SRIRAM
Clatguru.com

All the best!

Re:The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 4 years 7 months ago #9

• Nightcrawler
  • Legally Experienced
Thank you every1!
It helped me short list three places

1) Paradygmlaw
2) Sriram Classes
3) IMS

Lets see then~!
2nd year law student at a much scorned private law school. Well, haters be haters. I seek to change things around a bit and I am sure I will. Namaste! Hum kuch bakwas nahi samajhte :)

Re:The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 4 years 7 months ago #10

kkk its really simple...get urself signed up for LST Beacon course from patna centre of career launcher in fraser road..2009 CLAT's topper nidhi modani did the same thing by thouroughly studyin d given lst study material n mock tests..materials r d same in all centres in this way u wud b d incharge of ur time..GUD LUCK!!

Re:The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 4 years 7 months ago #11

• happpy bunny
Cracked NLU Delhi, waiting for CLAT results :)

Thanks Anita, Paradygm :)

Re:The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 4 years 7 months ago #12

• Nightcrawler
  • Legally Experienced
congo bunny!

Re:The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 4 years 5 months ago #13

• soham
. wrote:
I really dont know abt good institute !
But can suggest u that dont join LST!
By joining LST i had completely lost my one year!
dude i agree wid dis chap
studn in lst i ended in rgnul patiala my 6th opt
am nt a dropper so i stdd wid ma brds nd being frm state brnd d xam was toughlst teaches a hell lot of chps like almost 5000 nd lyk 1000 gen cat stdnts crk clat so no big deal det project 4 out of 5 law skul studnts r frm lst i agree totally byt c d ratio 1000:5000 nd if u really nd lst tk deir away course nd sm odr centre wid prpr mock tsts
lst mocks suck i didnt gt a single gk common neithr frm tern end diagnostic nd mk tsts nd neithr frm d classroom i was a 1 yr studnt
hope dis hlps

Re:The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 4 years 5 months ago #14

• HARVARD guy
Hi,

Plz plz plz plz PLZ dont join PARADYGM...they s**k... its my personnel experience... there is no need of any coaching..just buy some good material from PRIME,LST OR SRIRAM and start studying from today..give some 7 hours a week for your prep.. dont depend on the coaching institutes... TRUST ME, CLAT IS NOT A DIFFICULT THING TO CRACK...plz Dont pick PARADYGM...

The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 2 years 2 weeks ago #15

i m studying in 11th class... i want to crack CLAT wid good rank, nw i am having one year remaining, can anyone please suggest me the best coaching institute in DELHI NCR, which provide best weekend classes, will it be fine to join weekend classes..??? Which institute propide best postal material..?? is only postal material sufficient to to prepare well...??
i dont know..wt to do.. how to do..? plzzz helpppppp..... !!

Re:The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 2 years 2 weeks ago #16

i m studying in 11th class... i want to crack CLAT wid good rank, nw i am having one year remaining, can anyone please suggest me the best coaching institute in DELHI NCR..???? which institute provide best weekend classes, will it be fine to join weekend classes..??? Which institute propide best postal material..?? is only postal material sufficient to to prepare well...??

Re:The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 2 years 2 weeks ago #17

i m studying in 11th class... i want to crack CLAT wid good rank, nw i am having one year remaining, can anyone please suggest me the best coaching institute in DELHI NCR..???? which institute provide best weekend or regular classes, will it be fine to join weekend classes..??? Which institute propide best postal material..?? is only postal material sufficient to to prepare well...??

The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 2 years 1 week ago #18

• jaykaul
  • Legally Sound
You can also try for a correspondence course. Helped me a lot, especially because it becomes difficult to prepare for Boards, look for colleges and prepare for CLAT simultaneously.

goo.gl/VuKOI

See for yourselves. Very helpful! :)

Re:The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 1 year 1 month ago #19

• soham
c ,i m also in prime,bt i m facng certain problms in contract law,so,if u would hlp me out,dn i will b highly obliged...heres my no. u cn contact 9614744854..if u intend to hlp,jst snd me a msg,i will call you...

The Best Institute for preparation of CLAT 2011 after Boards? 5 months 3 weeks ago #20

• suyash srivastava
how z ''clat possible'' lucknow......anyone......???
x

Sign-up for the NUJS Business Law Diploma

Mooting Premier League 5

Latest comments