Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Are you a law student or are thinking about becoming a lawyer? Share your experiences and ask your questions here.
Share this: Facebook Twitter Google Email

Placement scene at CLC Delhi University LLB?

Placement scene at CLC Delhi University LLB? 3 years 11 months ago #1

• Anonymous
  0Log in or create a free account to participate and promote this post up the page...
Help! I know this should qualify as a new topic but the New Topic link isn't working for me so I'm posting here. What is the placement scene like at Campus Law Centre DU after doing an LLB? I've heard some not very good things about it but as I'm considering studying there next year, I'd like to hear some concrete views regarding placements, starting salaries etc. Anybody want to share?

Re: Placement scene at CLC Delhi University LLB? 3 years 11 months ago #2

• LI ed
  • kianganz
  • Administrator
  • NOW ONLINE
  0Log in or create a free account to participate and promote this post up the page...
Hello - sorry about that - have moved your post into a separate topic and the bug has now been fixed so you should be able to create new topics.
--
Kian Ganz, Publishing editor, LegallyIndia.com

Re: Placement scene at CLC Delhi University LLB? 3 years 9 months ago #3

• Aprajita
Firstly, let me tell you LLB from DU is surely a prestigious course.
Secondly, a degree in law gives you the requisite knowledge but not the skills to become a lawyer. Hence, placements are not the best unless you have the practical exposure too. But thats not hard to get, trust me. Just be a little enterprising and make sure you have some experience even if it means working like the peon at a law firm. Even the atmosphere teaches you a lot. Never let anybody talk you out of not doing some work because it will not look good on your resume or because its not of your level. Just snap at whatever opportunity you get. You will surely get great leverage and things will work out fantastically.
Lastly, let me reinforce and insist that you get some practical exposure on the side. Be it anything- a conference, a law firm, a CA firm, some HR experience, any corporate experience usually works out very nicely. Since law is such a vast field, knowledge of any profession usually is the greatest virtue !!
God bless you and cheers ... keep the faith !!

Re: Placement scene at LLB? 3 years 9 months ago #4

• mehra
  • Legally New
yeah right, dont think of getting into a job thing right now coz the more certifications you got , the more you can bargain in terms of ur salary terms. So i would say just go for higher studies....

job ke liye to u got ur whole life.. my frn is studying @ CLC Delhi University ,,
placement scenario is bleak there.. oops.

Re: Placement scene at CLC Delhi University LLB? 3 years 7 months ago #5

• Anonymous
this year clc had comparably few good placements in law firms and private companies... need not to bother much about this at this moment as in coming years we are sure will have top firms recruiting clc students and also prospects of working with senior supreme court advocates are much higher if u r passed out from delhi university

Re: Placement scene at CLC Delhi University LLB? 3 years 3 months ago #6

• Anonymous
I have just got admission in Campus Law Center under DU and also at ILS in Pune. I am looking to work in the legal department of a company or maybe a law firm but not an advocate. Which out of the two would be a better option out of the two?Ive heard that placements at CLC are'nt too good. Please help me as i need to decide asap. Thanks

Re: Placement scene at CLC Delhi University LLB? 2 years 5 months ago #7

hey which college did you finally choose...CLC or ILS?
x

Sign-up for the NUJS Business Law Diploma

Mooting Premier League 5

Latest comments