If you have a legal issue or need to find a lawyer to help you, you should try out Legally India's Legally Direct service.

Legally Direct acts as a marketplace for legal services, allowing you to tap into a pool of thousands of practising lawyers near you.
You pick the lawyer who offers the best service and price, and work directly with them. And it's free to use - you only pay the lawyer their fees once they have finished the work (or whatever you agree).

Click here to try it, no risk
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Reply Topic: is it illegal for unmarried couples to stay together in hotels?

Name
Subject
Boardcode
Attachments

Please prove you are human: please enter the word 'legally' in this box *

Topic History of: is it illegal for unmarried couples to stay together in hotels?

Max. showing the last 10 posts - (Last post first)
1 month 13 hours ago #

Belt

's Avatar

And God-Forbid, You may have an Erectile Dysfunction, due to this tension!! :P
1 month 13 hours ago #

Belt

's Avatar

Yes, Satyendra You can Stay in Radisson Hotel and no one will ever ask Questions!! Now take your black Verna and go; Get some Life Dude!!! You are the coolest man ever on Planet, You have a Girlfreind, studying in top law school; Life's settled; Be Confident; That's all you need, What else do you need in your life. Good Lord.....
1 month 4 days ago #

xyz

's Avatar

if in past any one can did sex...after that any female compart can make him charge of illagale sex...of rape charge?
2 months 3 weeks ago #

@@@@@@@@

's Avatar

I AM 21+ AND MY GIRLFRIEND IS ALSO 21+

I WANT TO SPEND A NIGHT IN HOTEL ROOM WITH HER AND SURELY WITH HER DUE PERMISSION.
IS THIS ILLEGAL ACCORDING TO OUR CONSTITUTION?
BOTH OF US HAVE AGE PROOF AND WE DONT DRINK..

CAN WE HV SEX?? IS THAT ILLEGAL IN HOTEL?

PLEASE ANSWER
3 months 1 week ago #

advocate.isha

"
it is not illegal if a couple who have attained the age of 25 years is living together in a hotel.
The Supreme Court has ruled that a live-in relationship not sanctified by marriage is neither a crime nor a sin. The judgment came while the bench was adjudicating dispute between a live-in couple, wherein a lady sought maintenance from a man after the relationship came to an end.

On the back of this ruling, the apex court bench headed by Justice K S Radhakrishnan regretted that there are no statutes to regulate live-in relationships, and has has asked Parliament to frame laws that will protect women in such relationships, and also the children born outside of wedlock.

""Live-in or marriage like relationship is neither a crime nor a sin though socially unacceptable in this country,"" the apex court ruled. ""The decision to marry or not to marry or to have a heterosexual relationship is intensely personal.""

Arguing that when such relationships break down, it is invariably the women who suffer, the SC said however that it was not asking the Legislature to promote pre-marital sex. However, the bench said, it was time to take cognizance of the fact that such relationships are increasingly prevalent, and in many cases long-standing. The bench, however, added that an adulterous relationship did not come within the ambit of this ruling.

Regards
Isha bhardwaj
3 months 3 weeks ago #

Lovely

's Avatar

Yes,.... U r absolutely correct according to me.... why these cops always put an agle eye on the hotels
4 months 3 weeks ago #

Anonymous

's Avatar

Looking for a decent hotel in delhi where i can spend three days with my girl friend.

If possible tell me hotels which doesnt ask for ID cards.

mail me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
5 months 1 week ago #

mimi

's Avatar

I totaly agree..I rili can't understnd y these cops r always busy in harassing people for these silly thngs yaar! dere are so many exploitations ,so many indecent thngs hapening evry now n den in our country!dey shud concentrate on those tngz rather than harassing d lovers n embarassing dem for such a silly cause..Aftr all they r not doin harm to anybody!I mean dey shud mind dere own business n gve everybdy a li'll privacy.If Law is the last word in our country,n if dis is not an illegal thng to do, then dey r definatly disrespecting d law by unreasonably harassing d lovebirds.I wish evrybdy have fun and enjoy dere life to d fullest..
8 months 3 weeks ago #

Anonymous

's Avatar

send me the details to my mail id - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
8 months 3 weeks ago #

No offence sir

's Avatar

I don't think it's of anyone's business. Encouragement or no, police should not use this as an excuse to extort. Catch terrorists not people who make love. Catch people who bring bombs in to the country not those who bring their lovers into a room.
All You Need is Reason
LSAT — India 2014
Mooting Premier League 5

Latest comments