Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Are you a law student or are thinking about becoming a lawyer? Share your experiences and ask your questions here.
Share this: Facebook Twitter Google Email

prospects of an Indian LLB degree in the US

prospects of an Indian LLB degree in the US 4 years 10 months ago #1

• Guest_va
  0Log in or create a free account to participate and promote this post up the page...
Hi,

I have a friend who has completed LLB from India (has few years for work experience in India as well) and is thinking of his prospects in the US in terms of getting a higher education and/or job.

Is his LLB degree valid in the US? What would he need to do to pursue a career in the US.

Thanks for your advise,

Guest_Va

Re:prospects of an Indian LLB degree in the US 4 years 5 months ago #2

0Log in or create a free account to participate and promote this post up the page...
hey even I have the same query
can someone please revert back with the answer

Re:prospects of an Indian LLB degree in the US 4 years 5 months ago #3

• nishant
In the USA; there is no LL.B. They only have a JD degree which is the only professional law degree. You do JD after 4 years of College. that is 4 years of Bachelors degree. SO that it goes

BA + JD + Bar Exam .

Re:prospects of an Indian LLB degree in the US 4 years 5 months ago #4

• Legal Dodo
Depending upon which college you studied in, the New York Bar may recognize your LLB, making you eligible to write the NY Bar exam. Clearing the NY Bar exam will entitle you to practice law in New York.

Legal Dodo

Re:prospects of an Indian LLB degree in the US 4 years 5 months ago #5

• fresher
is the degree from national law school like nls, nalsar recognised in us

Re:prospects of an Indian LLB degree in the US 4 years 5 months ago #6

• Legal Dodo
A degree from NLS or NALSAR entitles you to write the New York State Bar exam. Additionally, all US universities recognize the 5 year degree from NLS or NALSAR for admission to LLM.

Legal Dodo

Re:prospects of an Indian LLB degree in the US 4 years 4 months ago #7

• aspirant
hmmm,just wanted to get a clarification that does the NYU BAR authorities only recognise llb degrees of select univ.'s(NLS or NALSAR) or do they accept all llb degrees as equivalent..

Re:prospects of an Indian LLB degree in the US 4 years 4 months ago #8

• Legal Dodo
The certainly do not accept all LLBs. The best way to find out is to go to the NY Bar site, as certain the administrator's contact details and send him an e-mail seeking clarification whether the Univ. you graduated from is recognized by them or not. All the best.

Legal Dodo

Re:prospects of an Indian LLB degree in the US 4 years 4 months ago #9

• am good
Hi,

can anybody tell me which all Indian law universities are recognized by US and UK universities...Is the new Karnataka law university recognized by them....really worried..please help...

Re:prospects of an Indian LLB degree in the US 4 years 4 months ago #10

• Am good
I have really good academic results(one of the topper) and aiming at the IVY LEAGUES(US n UK) for further studies..I dont belong to the NLUs. Are only the NLUs recognised by them...guys help me out...

Re:prospects of an Indian LLB degree in the US 4 years 4 months ago #11

• Am good
COME ON...IS THERE ANYONE TO ANSWER MY QUESTION....???

Re: prospects of an Indian LLB degree in the US 3 years 5 months ago #12

• Anonymous
i waned to knw hethr the 3 yr llb frm faculy of law DU is lid in US

Re: prospects of an Indian LLB degree in the US 2 years 4 months ago #13

• ~AK~
  • Legally Experienced
so, If my law school degree is recognized in UK or US, What do we have to do??

Go for NY Bar Exam or get the JD degree?? tell please :)

#Newstudent

Re:prospects of an Indian LLB degree in the US 1 year 5 months ago #14

• Anonymous
sir/madam

please if your have any information about the LLB degree from IP university regular course of 5 year is it valid in the USA

kindly reply on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

regards
x

Sign-up for the NUJS Business Law Diploma

Mooting Premier League 5

Latest comments