Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Are you a law student or are thinking about becoming a lawyer? Share your experiences and ask your questions here.
Share this: Facebook Twitter Google Email

DU Law Fac entrance exam prep?

DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 7 months ago #1

• LI ed
  • kianganz
  • Administrator
  • NOW ONLINE
  0Log in or create a free account to participate and promote this post up the page...
"I was just searching for DU Law Faculty groups so I could get in touch with students/ex-students for some first hand information.

If you have time, I was wondering if you could help provide some information. I'm currently in third year, studying English Hons, and I plan on sitting for the Law Fac exam next year. Since there aren't any specific coaching classes for the DU law exam, I'm left to prepare for it on my own. I was hoping you could give me pointers on how to prepare- any resources, question banks, anything that would aid the process. It would be extremely helpful to get first hand information!"

Query from a reader - again, I'm out of my depth. Any ideas?
--
Kian Ganz, Publishing editor, LegallyIndia.com

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 7 months ago #2

• Bazooka
  0Log in or create a free account to participate and promote this post up the page...
Contact lawentrance.com (LST)
They have a program for CLAT. And will surely guide you about DU law colleges as well.

Cheers.

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 7 months ago #3

• Anonymouse
DU Law Fac's entrance exam isn't a big deal. Don't waste any money on a coaching class. Just buy a cheap law entrance textbook / question bank and read it yourself. If you're reasonably smart, you can manage without even that. The Law Fac application form will give you the layout of the paper and some sample questions-- it didn't have a logical/mathematical reasoning section when I took it. (Which is why coaching classes are a waste of time, and a lone textbook is good enough.)

If you're desperate, a bunch of crash courses spring up around Law Fac near entrance time.

And, hint hint, the standard of the entrance exam should tell you something about the standard of the institution.

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 7 months ago #4

• R.Ramachandran
Please purchase UNIVERSAL's Guie for DU Law Entrance Examination. It is a good book. Available with all the book sellers near the DU Law Faculty.
Keep a mock answer sheet containing cells numbered 1 to 200 or so and a blank space against each of it for giving your answer. (In fact one can get a number of such sheets prepared in EXCEL and keep handy).
Note the starting time. Take the test papers given in the Universal's guide one by one. Note the answer against the question in the sheet mentioned above. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT ANY ANSWER PLEASE LEAVE THE SAID QUESTION AND GO TO THE NEXT. DO NOT GUESS - IT WILL CARRY NEGATIVE MARKS.
After finishing the question paper - NOTE the finishing time.
Now see the Answer to the respective Test paper given at the fag end of the Guide. Verify your answer. For every right answer award 4 marks. For every negative answer deduct 1 mark. Initially even if your marks are very poor, do not panic. Persist with it. Over the time, you will master.
Make a tally. By this method, you will go on improving your tally. If your tally is consistently 325 and above, you will get sure success in the entrance exam and also admission.

LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST, wherever you are not sure about the answer, or where you made a mistake in answering, verify the answer sheet and try to catch up with the correct answer!

By this method, you will ensure that while your current GK fetches you the marks which you arrived at, you will also get to know the answers for the questions which you have left and the ones which you answered wrong.

THE ABOVE EXERCISE WILL ENSURE YOUR SUCCESS! BEST OF LUCK.

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 7 months ago #5

• LFEP
Point noted.

I'm going to assume you got through but passed on the Law Faculty admission, so out of plain curiosity, where did you get your degree from? Any other institutions you'd recommend for the 3-year LL.B.?

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 7 months ago #6

• LFEP
Since I forgot to mention it earlier, the above post is in response to Anonymouse.

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 7 months ago #7

• Anonymouse
Wrong assumption, LFEP. I did graduate from DU's La Fekelty, and so can't recommend any other place!

Give me an email address if you're desperate for more insights.

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 7 months ago #8

• LFEP
Right, I stand corrected.

Not desperate, but definitely apprehensive about what to expect from the exam, but that's sorted now. Would definitely like to know more about the course, etc. but is there a less public way to exchange addresses?

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 6 months ago #9

• Anonymouse
Anonymouse at pobox dot com.

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 6 months ago #10

• LI ed
  • kianganz
  • Administrator
  • NOW ONLINE
By the way - if you sign up for a free account you can send messages to each other anonymously over the private messaging function on this site...

Happy NY!
--

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 6 months ago #11

• LFEP
  • Legally New
I have an account on Legally India, so if you do as well, I could just message you here.

Not to be much of a pest, but I'm looking for information on the course, the teaching method, a little about class demographics and a bunch of other things.

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 6 months ago #12

• LI ed
  • kianganz
  • Administrator
  • NOW ONLINE
Hi LFEP and Anonymouse - we have upgraded our social network so messaging and communicating with each other directly and privately should be a lot easier now.

When you are signed in, just click the PM button underneath LFEP's profile to send a private message.

We are soon adding more cool functions too.
--

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 6 months ago #13

• Anonymouse
Thanks, Kian, but I don't want to sign up just yet.

LFEP, as I said, you can email me at anonymouse [at] pobox [dot] com if you like.

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 4 months ago #14

• arjun
  • Legally New
can u share more details about du law....college infra,placements,faculty etc...

n about how to prepare for du law???

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 2 months ago #15

• Jazzz
Delhi University(DU) is the best university for studying law in India as far as study programme is concerned. Unlike other law colleges, DU uses case study method to teach law.

It's true that seats in DU are greater in number than other national law schools but only few are able to qualify for its law degree at the end of a three year bath. In first year a lot of students are admitted but till third year only a few of them stay because most of the students fail to qualify the semester exams of DU. It's hard to pass the DU's law degree exam.

DU's alumni are more in litigation and judiciary than any other law college.
Other law schools like NLS and Nalsar spend crores in marketing and they are just media hyped.

I can challenge anybody on this fact that a DU law graduate with above 55 percent marks is 100 times better than a NLS and Nalsar school graduate as far as legal knowledge and aptitude is concerned. Many of the DU law graduates are alumni of famous colleges like St Stephen's, Sri Ram college of commerce, Hindu college, where getting admission is tougher than cracking CLAT etc.

DU's law faculty was established in 1924 and it's study material was copied by all the national law schools.

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 2 months ago #16

I second Jazzz....

though being in the final year I am not that overzealous about it..but he does have a point there...

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 1 month ago #17

• koko
hey
did you clear the law exam? what was your rank?

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 4 years 1 month ago #18

• Shravan Kumar
@Jazz
you surely dont have any idea what the National Law Schools are about..case study method in India was introduced by NLS, and was taken up by other law schools only after that..and stop ranting dude coz you are not in one of the Nationals. Given a choice you would anyday prefer a National over DU..I mean, I agree DU has given us great lawyers but its certainly lagging behind the Nationals and whoever told you that Nationals spend "crores" in marketing must have surely been doped...Nationals get the best students and they have a tough curriculum, thats what makes them the best...keep ranting...

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 2 years 5 months ago #19

• Anonymous
Is there any other law schools in delhi other than D.U which would provide a LL.B.,(3 years)?

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 2 years 5 months ago #20

• anandpmishra
  • Legally Sound
None in Delhi.. NLU, Jamia, IP, Amity - all have only 5 year LL.B.

Worth exploring is Jindal Global Law School in Sonipat (within Delhi-NCR)..arguably having one of the finest 3 year LL.B. programme in India.

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 2 years 5 months ago #21

• aki
i am confused how to prepare for law entrance exam.
i have just 1 month to prepare for it
and unable to get any coaching classes for du law entrance near my home
please guide me

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 2 years 5 months ago #22

• anandpmishra
  • Legally Sound
Dear Aki,
From where do you belong? If in Delhi, UILS is only and good option for classroom coaching. If outside Delhi, you can trust S.S. Guide to LL.B. written by Anand P. Mishra (myself) and available only in Law Faculty, North Campus of Delhi University or you can buy a Universal's Guide to LL.B. from local book shop.

You must understand, DU LL.B. Entrance Test is now more a test of GK/GS (National, International, Legal GK) & Objective English. You can pick good books from the market and prepare on your own. Exam is in Mid-June. So, no need to worry. Adequate time available. Must go through The Hindu 'Diary of Events 2011'.
All the best. Congratulations that you chose LAW!

Re:DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 2 years 4 months ago #23

• kp
Hi Mr.Anand

Is Universal's guide enough for the DU entrance. What is the difficulty level of the exam? How much prep is required?
And is DU really the best in the country for 3 year LLB?

Re: DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 2 years 4 months ago #24

• Anonymous
Hi KP,

To pass DU LL.B. Entrance, preparing with a good guidebook like S.S. or Universal helps.

Prep required to pass the exam varies from student to student. A student with good command over English Vocab and grammar and having excellent GK build-up with a good reasoning skills may not need any preparation or guidebook.

An average student needs at least a month of preparation to master objective english, GK, Reasoning & Legal Aptitude.

A below average student may need few months of good prep. else he will never pass the entrance.

DU Law Fac is among the best for 3 year LL.B. course alongwith GLC, ILS & BHU.

However the finest 3 year LL.B. programs could be IIT KGP's LL.B. in IPR for BTech/MSc/BPharma/MBBS (technical grad/post-grads) & LL.B. at Jindal Global Law School which could match with the finest 5 year LL.B. courses offered at top National Law Schools in terms of curriculum, faculty, internships & placements, global exposure and opportunities of studying abroad!

Re: DU Law Fac entrance exam prep? 2 years 4 months ago #25

• KP
Thank you for the information Anonymous.

Do you have any idea about enterance exam to IIT KGP entrance? Ther's very little informarmation on their website

Latest comments