- Details Sat, 4 Jul '15, 10:37 Written by Legally India
The Bombay high court judgment has been uploaded on the Bombay high court website, ordering an expert committee with the power to take a decision that could revise the “merit list of candidates if necessary”, making “the whole merit list and all subsequent process, will be subject to outcome of the Expert Panel/Comittee’s decision”.
- Details Fri, 3 Jul '15, 17:44 Written by Kian Ganz
Dua Associates managing partner Ranji Dua has confirmed that senior disputes partner Shiraz Patodia and her team would remain at the firm, less than a month after she had given notice to join Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas (SAM) in Delhi, as first reported by Legally India on 1 July.
- Details Fri, 3 Jul '15, 16:53 Written by IANS
- Details Fri, 3 Jul '15, 14:42 Written by Legally India
- Details Fri, 3 Jul '15, 13:17 Written by Legally India
Suzlon Energy senior legal counsel Naved Askari, who was heading the company’s corporate and operations legal team, is to join AZB & Partners as a Mumbai-based counsel, reported Bar & Bench.
The 1998 GLC Mumbia graduate has previously worked at Mulla & Mulla, Wadia Ghandy, and Wockhardt, before joining Suzlon in 2009.
- Details Thu, 2 Jul '15, 19:17 Written by Legally India
In a week that’s seen a raft of companies hitting the markets, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas Bangalore partner Arjun Lall has scooped the mandate advising Cafe Coffee Day on its Rs 1,150 crore initial public offering (IPO), with AZB & Partners and Baker & McKenzie acting for the banks.
AZB Delhi partner Madhurima Mukherjee with senior associate Agnik Bhattacharyya and associate Namita Das acted for the global book running lead managers Kotak Mahindra Capital, Citigroup Global Markets and Morgan Stanley.
BakerMacs’ India head Ashok Lalwani handled the international elements of the deal.
- Details Thu, 2 Jul '15, 18:48 Written by Kian Ganz
- Details Thu, 2 Jul '15, 18:29 Written by Legally India
Pradeep Kumar Bagga, who has been with the State Bank of India for more than 30 years, has joined Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas in Delhi as a senior consultant, according to a press release from the firm to “provide advice and guidance on general policy and regulations” and assist in “practice area development initiatives”, according to a press release from the firm.
- Details Thu, 2 Jul '15, 17:37 Written by Legally India
- Details Thu, 2 Jul '15, 15:18 Written by Legally India
Baker & McKenzie International’s Singaporean member firm Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow has hired Prashanth Venkatesh as a local principal on 1 July.
- Details Thu, 2 Jul '15, 12:40 Written by Legally India
PTI reported that a Himachal Pradesh judge has alleged that she was sexually harassed by another judge during a national-level conference on drug abuse in Manali. The high court’s chief justice Mansoor Ahmad Mir has ordered an inquiry:
As per the complaint of the woman judge, she was asked to come to Manali in advance for making preparations for the conference being attended by Judges of Supreme Court and High Courts.
On June 8, the accused tried to pressurise the woman judge to accompany him to a resort and allegedly misbehaved with her.
A Madhya Pradesh district court judge had made a complaint last year, which resulted in the Supreme Court setting out new guidelines about how to investigate harassment in the judiciary.
- Details Thu, 2 Jul '15, 02:08 Written by Fawaz Shaheen
The Rajasthan high court’s Jaipur bench on Tuesday (30 June) ordered the “last student” admitted to NLSIU Bangalore, or “Bangalore Law College” as the high court order put it, to be reserved subject to the result of the writ petition before it, as the Bombay high court CLAT challenge was postponed to 7 July.
- Details Wed, 1 Jul '15, 20:41 Written by Legally India
- Details Wed, 1 Jul '15, 20:27 Written by Anonymous / JGLS admin
A student from Jindal Global Law School (JGLS) Sonepat, who has requested anonymity, has contacted Legally India with a request to publish an open letter with some criticism of the administration. We have published the letter in full and asked the administration for a response, which is below the letter.
- Details Wed, 1 Jul '15, 20:11 Written by Legally India
HSB Partners Chennai partner Varun Sriram has joined J Sagar Associates (JSA) in Chennai, reported Bar & Bench.
Sriram had been at HSB since graduating from Symbiosis Law School in 2006, followed by two two-year stints at Economic Laws Practice (ELP) and ALMT Legal before returning to HSB in 2012, becoming partner there in February 2014.
We have reached out to JSA, HSB and Sriram for comment.
Update: HSB partner TK Bhaskar commented: "We wish him all the best in his future endeavours."
Update 2: JSA managing partner Berjis Desai commented confirmed his joining as a retained partner.
- Details Wed, 1 Jul '15, 19:57 Written by Legally India
- Karnataka HC stops Lokayukta investigating its own alleged corruption as lawyers protest
- One advocate is making a website where lawyers can rate judges on 3 parameters
- Outlook top 20 law school rankings: Where's NLU Jodhpur?
- Amit Desai wins Salman Khan another 2 weeks before Bombay HC to check case files
- Shardul Amarchand star lit ‘hire’ Shiraz Patodia & team may stay at Duas after all
- SC slams 'spectacular error' of mediate rape-order by HC [READ JUDGMENT]
- SC rejects regulator: Gas cos may set own tariffs
- AZB Mumbai promotes 2 to partner: BLR-Nalsarite Nanditha Gopal, Pune-head Percis Anklesaria
- Law students
- Legally Wired
- Law firms
- Legal opinions
- Careers Counsel
- Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO)
- Bar, Bench & Litigation
- In-house counsel
- Social lawyers
- Legal Pulse