- Details Tue, 27 Jan '15, 16:56 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
- Details Tue, 27 Jan '15, 15:38 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
- Details Tue, 27 Jan '15, 14:32 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
- Details Mon, 26 Jan '15, 13:14 Written by Kian Ganz
Amarchand Mangaldas Delhi and Mumbai regions, managed by brothers Shardul and Cyril Shroff respectively, have agreed to split into two firms by 1 April 2015, confirmed three independent sources.
- Details Sat, 24 Jan '15, 13:26 Written by Legally India
Supreme Court senior counsel Harish Salve and KK Venugopal are set to be awarded Padma awards, with Venugopal to receive a Padma Vibhushans, India’s second-highest civilian honour, reported Zee and others.
- Details Fri, 23 Jan '15, 20:21 Written by Legally India
- Details Fri, 23 Jan '15, 15:28 Written by Kian Ganz
PDS Legal, the law firm closely allied to Big Four consultancy Ernst & Young (E&Y), is set to boost its M&A practice with the arrival of Desai & Diwanji Mumbai partners Monika Deshmukh and Vihang Virkar.
- Details Thu, 22 Jan '15, 17:57 Written by Kian Ganz
- Details Thu, 22 Jan '15, 17:37 Written by Saksham Dwivedi
The team from NUJS Kolkata bested Campus Law Centre to clinch the winners title at the KK Luthra Moot hosted by CLC on 18 January 2015.
- Details Thu, 22 Jan '15, 16:13 Written by IANS
- Details Thu, 22 Jan '15, 12:17 Written by Legally India
As effigies burn, lawyers rail against Bedi, with ex-BJP and RSS members also complaining about not having been given BJP tickets in this election because of Bedi’s bias.
- Details Wed, 21 Jan '15, 20:02 Written by IANS
- Details Wed, 21 Jan '15, 19:16 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
Amarchand Mangaldas and K&L Gates advised US-based Par Pharmaceuticals and its wholly-owned Indian subsidiary Par Formulations on its acquisition of Chennai-based Ethics Biolabs, which was advised by HSB Partners.
Amarchand Delhi partners Amit Kumar and Arvind Sharma, principal associate designate Janani Sekhar and senior associate Ananda Malhotra acted for Par Pharmaceuticals.
HSB partners TK Bhaskar and Varun Sriram with associate Anantha Krishnan Iyer acted for Ethics Biolabs and its selling promoters. Ethics conducts “bioavailability, bioequivalence, pharmacokinetic and clinical end point studies for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies”, started an Amarchand press release. The value of the deal, which closed on 14 January, was confidential.
- Details Wed, 21 Jan '15, 17:04 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
The firm started in 2012 by former ELP associate partners Ritesh Kanodia and Udayan Choksi with former Bharucha & Partners SA Amey Nargolkar has merged with former KPMG deputy DEO Dinesh Kanabar’s two-month old start-up.
- Details Tue, 20 Jan '15, 20:29 Written by IANS
- Details Tue, 20 Jan '15, 18:29 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
Khaitan Sud partners Mrinal Ojha and Trinath Tadakamalla joined Phoenix Delhi in lit, while in Mumbai it promoted counsel Kartikeya Singh to partnership.
- IP firm Singh & Singh starts Mumbai office with ex-Times Group in-houser
- Gov't gives NLSIU Rs 1 crore to set up consumer mediation centre
- BCI U-turns, bins controversial anti-youngster CoP rules but promises to enact & then circulate ‘some new’ 2015 rules
- ELP, BMR advise on $13m private equity investment in saree business
- The LI newsletter is finally back: Transparently challenged (Issue 123)
- SCBA elated as ITPO takes pity, provides 300 parking spaces to Supreme Court lawyers
- LKS continues full-service hiring spree: PSA partner Neeraj Dubey joins to head Bangalore corporate
- Law ministry proposes renaming Bombay & Madras high courts to Mumbai & Chennai
- Law students
- Legally Wired
- Law firms
- Legal opinions
- Careers Counsel
- Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO)
- Bar, Bench & Litigation
- In-house counsel
- Social lawyers
- Legal Pulse