Read the 1,136 pages that jailed Jayalalithaa (helped by 358 witnesses, 2,725 docs and list of 1,000s of shiny objects) [+ examine her appeal]
AZB & Partners in Mumbai has promoted Vaidhyanadhan Iyer to its partnership.
IC Legal has hired Nishith Desai Associates (NDA) senior associate Sambhav Ranka as an equity partner in its Andheri office.
- Category: Bar, Bench & Litigation
- Published on Tue, 30 Sep '14, 20:44
- Written by Legally India
A court has extended OP Khaitan & Co managing parter Gautam Khaitan’s 7-day custody by another five days at the request to the enforcement directorate, reported the Indian Express.
Senior counsel PV Kapur, representing Khaitan in the choppergate scam related anti-corruption investigation, argued that Khaitan was “a soft target. More serious allegations have been levelled against other co-accused. Khaitan, being a lawyer, is the softest target whereas others have not been arrested yet.”
Delhi HC blocks 72 websites hosting leaked Hrithik flick: 'Movie piracy almost like currency forgery'
Clasis Mumbai projects team breaks away: Ishtiaq Ali, Damodara Rao start own 5-partner firm with ADAG GC [Update-1]
Clasis Law project finance partners Ishtiaq Ali and Damodara Rao have left to start their own firm, which is understood to be a five-partner, 10-lawyer start-up law firm.
The Bombay high court has designated 11 new senior counsel, including three outside Mumbai, Economic Laws Practice (ELP) partner Vikram Nankani, and one woman.
- Delhi district lawyers strike over delay in increasing lucre of lower courts
- Delhi HC: Married women safer on streets than in matrimonial homes
- Juris Corp loses former merger partner Motiwala
- Compat being resurrected: Justice Singhvi appointed as chairman
- 1,800 companies’ legal spend up 18% to $3.5bn - RIL alone billed Rs 1,200 cr, Ranbaxy doubled costs to Rs 850 cr: ET
- Jayalalithaa's lawyers enlist RamJet, file 4 legal challenges in Bangalore HC [UPDATE-1]
- Welcome CJI Dattu: 16-hour-workday judge who knows ‘common man’, sworn in for giant 14-month term
- 4 years jail for Jayalalithaa: Bangalore court holds guilty in 1996 assets case
- Law students
- Legally Wired
- Law firms
- Legal opinions
- Careers Counsel
- Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO)
- Bar, Bench & Litigation
- In-house counsel
- Social lawyers
- Legal Pulse