- Details Wed, 29 Jul '15, 17:00 Written by SCOI Reports / IANS
SCOI Report, Wednesday 29 July 2015: Yakub Abdul Razak Memon vs State of Maharashtra Through the Secretary, Home Department, and Others
- Details Wed, 29 Jul '15, 15:38 Written by Fawaz Shaheen
- Details Wed, 29 Jul '15, 13:55 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
- Details Tue, 28 Jul '15, 17:58 Written by Kian Ganz
Kian Ganz looks at the lack of diversity in law schools and wonders why diversity is a good thing.
- Details Tue, 28 Jul '15, 17:40 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
Delhi University’s (DU) law colleges are looking at an indefinite delay in beginning recruitment interviews for more than 100 vacant teaching positions the university had advertised on 9 June.
- Details Tue, 28 Jul '15, 17:19 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
The cost of a five-year national law university (NLU) course has risen to record levels this year, particularly at the newer NLUs, where the total fees to educate a lawyer come to as much as Rs.2.47 lakh per year, dwarfing the fees charged by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
- Details Tue, 28 Jul '15, 16:19 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
- Details Tue, 28 Jul '15, 03:47 Written by IANS
- Details Mon, 27 Jul '15, 20:11 Written by Harleen Kaur
Things promised to return to normal in the Delhi high court on Monday after high-stakes drama last week, when the members of DHCBA received message through the newly formed SMS handle DHCBAS declaring that the strike was suspended.
- Details Mon, 27 Jul '15, 18:26 Written by Kian Ganz
Kian Ganz looks into the BCI’s latest claim that 30 per cent of lawyers are not really lawyers and asks, how the BCI knows.
- Details Mon, 27 Jul '15, 17:53 Written by Harleen Kaur / Edara Gopi Chand (MediaWatch)
The Delhi high court will hear a PIL by NGO Media Watch-India against all private DTH players and the Central Government for flouting existing laws regarding Direct to Home broadcasting, according to an article by the organisation on factly (republished in full below).
- Details Mon, 27 Jul '15, 17:28 Written by Harleen Kaur
Slovakian railway wagon manufacturer Tatravagoka AS, advised by Khaitan & Co, has acquired 50 per cent stakes in Jupiter Wagons and Jupiter Alloys and Steel, advised by Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas, in a deal reportedly worth Rs 100 crore ($15.6m).
Jupiter, which is one of India’s biggest railway freight car manufacturers, was advised by Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas partner Abhishek Guha, senior associate Aditya Mehra, and associate Roma A Das.
Tatravagonka drafted in Khaitan & Co Mumbai Mumbai associate partner Kartick Maheshwari on the transactional side, and associate partner Yigal Gabriel on the real estate side.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India Private Limited acted as Jupiter's financial adviser, while Alpen Capital acted for Slovakian company as its financial adviser.
Jupiter Wagons and Jupiter Alloys and Steel are set to be merged after this transaction completed on 14 July.
- Details Mon, 27 Jul '15, 16:31 Written by IANS
- Details Mon, 27 Jul '15, 14:51 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
- Details Mon, 27 Jul '15, 13:40 Written by IANS
- Details Mon, 27 Jul '15, 13:36 Written by Fawaz Shaheen
- Gov't to ask SC to allow video camera recording in court rooms
- Transfer or ban Delhi HC judges whose kin cleared DJS: Rohini bar prez
- Lawyer tries sending restaurant to jail over Rs 39/- in unspecified service charge
- Bail of Janhavi Gadkar, now jailed for 46 days, rejected for second time
- Advocates behaving badly: Delhi lawyers assault alleged rapist-murderer
- Return of the bar wars: Abhijat alleges hacked SMS’ as DHCBA prez Rajiv Khosla, secretary Abhijat suspend each other from office
- DSK, Kanga on Indium V buy of deGustibus after deGustibus PE with IVFA
- Bombay HC extends anticipatory bail after Mumbai CBI court rejects Setalvad's bail plea [UPDATE-1]
- Law students
- Legally Wired
- Law firms
- Legal opinions
- Careers Counsel
- Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO)
- Bar, Bench & Litigation
- In-house counsel
- Social lawyers
- Legal Pulse