ULSAT 2016: Register Now with UPES - The Nation Builders University x
Nirma University announces admissions to its LLB Programme x
NUJS Kolkata will be closed for the student body for 10 days, starting today, due to the outbreak of chicken pox on campus. Faculty and administrative staff will continue working.

According to Hindi local tabloid Pradesh Today, NLIU Bhopal’s home-state, Madhya Pradesh, would allocate Rs 10 crore to begin construction of the state’s “first law university” in March.

qchfpgx2The BSc LLB degree – NLU Jodhpur’s LLB offering which included papers from the Bachelors-in-degree papers – was scrapped permanently for lack of demand.

Bare bones blockNLUO Cuttack and NLU Delhi’s “quality-status” reports submitted to the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) are fundamentally similar, with two pages in NLUO’s 241-page report copied verbatim from two pages in NLU Delhi’s 282-page report.

GNLU Gandhinagar has sent out a press release that on the occasion of yesterday’s Republic Day (26 January), it celebrated “with great zeal and fervour” and “unfurled the national flag and addressed the GNLU fraternity and students who gathered to celebrate”.

1ilpscupDelhi University’s (DU) Faculty of Law is still not in the clear 15 months after the Bar Council of India (BCI) first threatened to permanently de-affiliate the 92-year-old establishment for inadequate infrastructure.

NLIU Bhopal denied responsibility for, and knowledge of, senior advocate Indira Jaising allegedly being turned away from the law school’s gates yesterday, when she reached there to address an inaugural session on gender sensitisation hosted by a goverment agency.

ywag3bjrBar Council of India (BCI) associate managing trustee Rajinder Singh Rana and former vice chairman Raju Dhanapal Raj were tried before a special CBI court in Delhi yesterday, for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 6 lakh to approve Global Law College in Ghaziabad.

lgyadsacThe ninth All India Bar Examination (AIBE IX) has been postponed by almost three months to the new “tentative” date of 6 March 2016, from the originally announced 13 December 2015 exam date.

DSNLU Visakhapatnam’s vice chancellor (VC) Prof RG Babu Bhagavath Kumar has exited from his post to make way for a new VC, after the order renewing his term was cancelled. A fresh VC search committee will now be formed.

GNLU Gandhinagar will reward five of its most recent alumni each year with Rs 7500 each, monthly, as scholarship to practice in courts as a litigation lawyer.

The GNLU Litigation Assistance and Support Scholarship (GLASS), launched by the law school this year, aims to support the litigation career of fresh graduates of the law school. To qualify for GLASS the graduates will have to submit their student academic record, record of litigation internships done during law school, moot court and advocacy skills, publications, extra curricular activities and conferences, and will also be finally interviewed, confirmed GNLU faculty convenor Nidhi Buch.

The personal interview will carry 30 per cent of the evaluation marks and the other things will be worth the remaining 70 per cent. Scholarship holders will also have to submit monthly reports of their litigating career to GNLU to retain the one-year-long scholarship, added Buch.

GNLU’s 2015 batch alumni Garv Malhotra, Saksham Marwa, Sushal Tiwari, Tirth Bhatt and Prince Mishra were awarded the scholarship this year. Mahotra and Marwa are practicing before the Delhi high court, Tiwari is practicing in Bangalore, Bhatt is at the Gujarat high court and Mishra is practicing before the Allahabad high court.

0dsens53

A Delhi university law student has asked the National Green Tribunal (NGT) to help curb the rampant misuse of paper in Delhi University Student Union (DUSU) elections which violate Lyngdoh Committee recommendations.

The HRD ministry is going to announce a framework for ranking higher institutions in India in September 2015.

NLU CuttackNLUO Cuttack is opaque about its examination rules despite requests for clarity, alleged three NLUO LLM who had been debarred from taking their end of semester examinations for apparent shortage of attendance.

NLU Odisha: Getting olderNLUO Cuttack brought home 24 jobs for this year’s class of 109 graduates, after 81 enrolled in the campus placement process. Biggest share of the pie went to law firms.

Latest comments