- Details Fri, 3 Jul '15, 17:44 Written by Kian Ganz
Dua Associates managing partner Ranji Dua has confirmed that senior disputes partner Shiraz Patodia and her team would remain at the firm, less than a month after she had given notice to join Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas (SAM) in Delhi, as first reported by Legally India on 1 July.
- Details Fri, 3 Jul '15, 13:17 Written by Legally India
Suzlon Energy senior legal counsel Naved Askari, who was heading the company’s corporate and operations legal team, is to join AZB & Partners as a Mumbai-based counsel, reported Bar & Bench.
The 1998 GLC Mumbia graduate has previously worked at Mulla & Mulla, Wadia Ghandy, and Wockhardt, before joining Suzlon in 2009.
- Details Thu, 2 Jul '15, 18:48 Written by Kian Ganz
- Details Thu, 2 Jul '15, 18:29 Written by Legally India
Pradeep Kumar Bagga, who has been with the State Bank of India for more than 30 years, has joined Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas in Delhi as a senior consultant, according to a press release from the firm to “provide advice and guidance on general policy and regulations” and assist in “practice area development initiatives”, according to a press release from the firm.
- Details Thu, 2 Jul '15, 15:18 Written by Legally India
Baker & McKenzie International’s Singaporean member firm Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow has hired Prashanth Venkatesh as a local principal on 1 July.
- Details Wed, 1 Jul '15, 20:11 Written by Legally India
HSB Partners Chennai partner Varun Sriram has joined J Sagar Associates (JSA) in Chennai, reported Bar & Bench.
Sriram had been at HSB since graduating from Symbiosis Law School in 2006, followed by two two-year stints at Economic Laws Practice (ELP) and ALMT Legal before returning to HSB in 2012, becoming partner there in February 2014.
We have reached out to JSA, HSB and Sriram for comment.
Update: HSB partner TK Bhaskar commented: "We wish him all the best in his future endeavours."
Update 2: JSA managing partner Berjis Desai commented confirmed his joining as a retained partner.
- Details Wed, 1 Jul '15, 13:14 Written by Kian Ganz
Dua Associates senior Delhi litigation partner Shiraz Patodia, who had reportedly agreed to join Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas (SAM) earlier this month, may stay at Dua Associates after all, according to four authoritative sources.
- Details Tue, 30 Jun '15, 18:59 Written by Kian Ganz
Senior associates Nanditha Gopal and Percis Anklesaria will be promoted to partner.
- Details Tue, 30 Jun '15, 10:49 Written by Kian Ganz
Commerce ministry Rajeev Kher held a press conference yesterday, saying that the government had begun talks about opening up the transactional legal services sector and India-based international arbitration, having drawn in law firm lobby group Society of Indian Law Firms (Silf) and the regulator Bar Council of India (BCI).
- Details Wed, 24 Jun '15, 18:38 Written by Legally India
Khaitan & Co has confirmed the joining of Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas principal associate Manisha Shroff in its Mumbai banking and finance practice as an associate partner.
- Details Wed, 24 Jun '15, 11:27 Written by Kian Ganz
Former Bennett Coleman chief manager legal and AZB alum Sunny Sablok has started M&A boutique firm Matrix Law in Mumbai.
- Details Mon, 22 Jun '15, 16:48 Written by Kian Ganz
Mumbai and Delhi-based firm SNG & Partners, which opened an office in Singapore one year ago and specialises in advising financial services sector clients, has opened a second overseas office in Qatar.
- Details Fri, 19 Jun '15, 17:59 Written by Legally India
Two GLC Mumbai-graduate lawyers who started their careers at Little & Co have become partners there, reported Bar & Bench.
With Ruchi Khatlawala and Roshnek Dalla, the partnership of the Bombay solicitors firm is now 12 partners strong with Dara P Mehta, Farrokh J Sidhwa, Jayendra P Kapadia, Ajay M Khatlawala, Zubin Morris, Guruprasad Pal, Rajani B Divkar and Rajas Kasbekar, according to the website, with Shreyas Patel and Damodar Desai promoted last year.
- Details Mon, 15 Jun '15, 18:24 Written by Kian Ganz
Bangalore-headquartered firm Universal Legal, which also has offices in Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi and Chandigarh, has opened up in Ahmedabad under partner in charge Aayush Modi.
- Details Mon, 15 Jun '15, 14:39 Written by Legally India
S&R Associates has elected two corporate associates, Jabarati Chandra and Rachael Israel, to its partnership.
- Details Fri, 12 Jun '15, 16:15 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
- Ex-SRGR, Videocon alum firm Alpha expands to BLR to service more non-legal start-ups
- Clasis peel-off Orbit starts 4th office: Chennai
- Shardul new hire Ameya Gokhale handles Bombay HC mandate for Nestle seeking review of Maggi ban
- Dhir & Dhir non-lawyer CEO Manju Mohotra resigns, will take some time off
- Cyril scoops Platinum Nivedita Tiwari to join rest of MNK in Delhi
- Dua hits back at Shardul Amarchand, poaches PA Kunal Mehra as partner
- Shardul Amarchand officially confirms 15 salary partner promos as Monal Mukherjee to move to Mumbai
- Shardul Amarchand poaches supersenior Dua lit partner Shiraz Patodia & 2-partner team for Delhi