- Details Wed, 20 May '15, 18:36 Written by Kian Ganz
Linklaters, Clifford Chance, Allen & Overy and Baker & McKenzie are the highest profile foreign law firms operating in India, according to the latest analysis of foreign law firms’ India businesses.
- Details Tue, 19 May '15, 20:37 Written by Kian Ganz
Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas is in advanced discussions with senior J Sagar Associates (JSA) Mumbai partner Akshay Chudasama to head its Mumbai office but nothing concrete has been signed or agreed between the parties according to several authoritative sources.
- Details Mon, 18 May '15, 15:21 Written by Legally India
White & Case has hired Linklaters managing associate Pradyumna Mysoor as a local partner in its Hong Kong office.
- Details Mon, 18 May '15, 13:47 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan added a third office in the Delhi region, opening up in Gurgaon.
- Details Fri, 15 May '15, 20:35 Written by Kian Ganz
Luthra & Luthra Mumbai corporate partner Sudipta Routh will join Vaishali Sharma’s corporate law start-up as its first lateral partner.
- Details Fri, 15 May '15, 17:55 Written by Kian Ganz
Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas Mumbai-based principal associate Manisha Shroff is set to join Khaitan & Co, according to authoritative sources.
- Details Fri, 15 May '15, 15:20 Written by Legally India
Luthra & Luthra Mumbai corporate partner Sudipta Routh has resigned while litigation partner Ashish Prasad, who was promoted only three months ago, has quit for Economic Laws Practice (ELP).
- Details Fri, 15 May '15, 02:06 Written by Legally India
- Details Thu, 14 May '15, 18:09 Written by Kian Ganz
Shardul Shroff, the former co-managing partner of Amarchand Mangaldas Suresh A. Shroff & Co, is upbeat about his new firm Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas, which was launched on Sunday (10 May) and opened doors in a new city, Mumbai, on Monday (11 May).
- Details Wed, 13 May '15, 14:54 Written by Legally India
Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas has poached DuaAssociates litigation partners Neeraj Sharma, Alok Tiwari and Seshagiri Vadlamani, and former Clasis energy partner Jay Cheema for its Delhi office, reported Bar & Bench and according to an authoritative Legally India source.
- Details Wed, 13 May '15, 14:20 Written by Kian Ganz
Phoenix Legal has hired Khaitan Sud & Partners partner Debarshi Dutta with senior associate Riddhi Sancheti and 2009-Nalsar grad Archisman Chaudhary into its Delhi litigation team.
- Details Wed, 13 May '15, 14:19 Written by Kian Ganz
Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas managing partner Shardul Shroff has confirmed an increase in fresher pay to the highest level out of any firm.
- Details Wed, 13 May '15, 14:14 Written by Kian Ganz
Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas will integrate a so-called 360-degree feedback mechanism into the appraisals, and therefore the remuneration of all partners and associates, managing partner Cyril Shroff told Legally India in an interview last week when talking about the management structures of his new firm.
- Details Tue, 12 May '15, 12:52 Written by Kian Ganz
Shroff has ambitious plans for life and work after the bitter family feud that broke up India's largest law firm, reports Kian Ganz in today’s Mint.
- Details Tue, 12 May '15, 10:42 Written by Kian Ganz
Shardul Shroff, speaking for the first time to media since November 2014, had lined up a string of interviews yesterday with the mainstream media (MSM) and trade press, on the day of formally announcing the launch of his new firm to media and several days after his brother Cyril completed his round of interviews with the press.
- Details Mon, 11 May '15, 16:43 Written by Kian Ganz
Shardul Shroff will start in Bangalore in the next month with between five or six partners aiming for a headcount of 30 to 35 fee-earners, while in Mumbai organic expansion through lateral hires would continue to grow to up to 100 lawyers by year-end.
- Cyril Amarchand confirms: 2 Mumbai partners & Cyril, Vandana move to Delhi where 17 senior hires done, dozen in oven
- Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas started today with new logo & cupcakes, as brothers migrate Amarchand.com [UPDATE-1: BRAND EXPLAINED]
- MSM reports end of Amarchand but how exactly CAM-SAM will (and won't) compete remains slightly mysterious
- Ex-Khaitan Bombay HC litigator Ameya Gokhale to join Shardul Amarchand in Mumbai
- The end of an era (live & summarised): Amarchand Mangaldas split now official [CYRIL AFFIDAVIT & PRESS RELEASE]
- Amarchand Mangaldas split done deal: To be announced in Bombay high court tomorrow
- Dua Mumbai partner Vinod Joseph joins Bennett Coleman investment arm legal head
- (Cyril) Amarchand nabs Dhir & Dhir partner Rahul Goel with team