Impact Law Ventures partner Suhas Baliga peels off to start Innove Law for early-stage VCs alongside lobbying firm
Impact Law Ventures partner Suhas Baliga left the firm in June to start up Innove Law.
BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi: ‘I want to extend protection’ for Indian lawyers, want more US visas
Supreme Court advocate, Lok Sabha member and BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi, speaking at a legal conference yesterday, said that she would ‘extend protection’ for Indian lawyers against the entry of foreign law firms to India.
Ernst & Young (EY India) executive director Amit Bhagat joined PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) as a partner in the indirect tax practice with his team of 12 professionals.
Khaitan & Co hired independent counsel Hormaz Daruwalla as an equity partner in its indirect tax team, reported Bar & Bench.
Daruwalla has over 27 years of experience practicing in the Bombay high court and tax tribunals, after graduating from GLC Mumbai. He began his career with Crawford Bayley and moved on to the chambers of Atul Setalvad before going independent.
Advaya Legal has expanded its Mumbai footprint with Universal Legal Mumbai founding partner Sharanya G, only several months after starting a small Delhi office.
AZB & Partners in Mumbai has promoted Vaidhyanadhan Iyer to its partnership.
IC Legal has hired Nishith Desai Associates (NDA) senior associate Sambhav Ranka as an equity partner in its Andheri office.
Clasis Mumbai projects team breaks away: Ishtiaq Ali, Damodara Rao start own 5-partner firm with ADAG GC [Update-1]
Clasis Law project finance partners Ishtiaq Ali and Damodara Rao have left to start their own firm, which is understood to be a five-partner, 10-lawyer start-up law firm.
He was in charge of commercial, dispute resolution, intellectual property and real estate.
DLA India co-head Biswajit Chatterjee defects to Squires Singapore, adding ‘outbound dimension’ to India group
Dhir & Dhir partner Purti Marwah will set up her own law firm, reported Bar & Bench.
She had been a partner at Dhir since 2005, having been with the firm since 2001 after a year at Singhania & Co. The firm’s managing partner Alok Dhir told Bar & Bench that he wished her well, while Marwah commented: “I have been instrumental in the growth of the firm but now I decided to move on and set up my own independent practice.”
ED arrests OP Khaitan managing partner, Gautam Khaitan, over board membership of a Choppergate company
MNK Law Offices M&A and private equity partner Nivedita Tiwari, who joined one year ago from Luthra & Luthra, has joined Platinum Partners in Delhi, according to an authoritative source.
- Wadia Ghandy converts to controversial eat-what-you-kill-style model, as Ashish Ahuja now shares managing partner post
- Desai Diwanji partner Sumes Dewan, ex-Fox partner & others start up Delhi-Mumbai firm
- Wadia Ghandy partner & cricket captain Amit Manubarwala joins ELP corporate
- Ex in-house lawyer starts ‘one of first’ corporate law firms in Goa
- JSA tax chair Ashok Dhingra & 2 partners start own tax-anti-corruption firm with 8,000-book library
- Lakshmikumaran goes global: Opens full-time Geneva office to tap developing world’s WTO work
- After 3-year snooze, UK law minister puts Indian legal liberalisation on agenda again
- Amarchand opens in Gurgaon, moves 4 partners | Claims 705 lawyer national headcount: Still on 1,000 target?