- Details Fri, 4 Sep '15, 17:57 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
Amity Delhi 2011 alumni Abhinav Hansaria, Archit Virmani and Tushar John started up corporate law firm Optimus Legal in Delhi, in May.
Hammurabi & Solomon opened in Patna on 24 August, adding its fourth national office in addition to Delhi, Mumbai and Ranchi.
- Details Tue, 1 Sep '15, 17:20 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
- Details Tue, 1 Sep '15, 16:48 Written by Kian Ganz
Senior Mumbai Trilegal partner Amit Tambe will leave the firm.
- Details Mon, 31 Aug '15, 15:59 Written by Harleen Kaur
In April earlier this year, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas (CAM) acquired three out of four MNK Law Offices partners in Delhi but three authoritative sources have confirmed that the fourth partner, Probal Bhaduri, has now joined PDS Legal offices in Delhi.
- Details Fri, 28 Aug '15, 15:33 Written by Kian Ganz
Mumbai private equity boutique ARA Law has promoted two principal associates, Rowena De Sousa and Avik Karmakar, to salaried partner level.
- Details Mon, 24 Aug '15, 16:47 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
Former Luthra & Luthra Delhi litigation partner Ashish Prasad is now a partner in Economic Laws Practice’ Delhi disputes practice, according to a press release from the firm.
Prasad, who was poached by ELP from Luthra, is the sixth partner in ELP’s Delhi office, after counting associate partners as well, according to ELP’s emailed announcement confirming his joining the firm.
He is a 2003-graduate alumnus of Delhi University’s law school and also had a stint at Lall & Sethi before Luthra and ELP.
His expertise includes commercial litigation, intellectual property, contracts, government and regulatory work in telecom, infrastructure, FMCG, pharma, information technology, media, foreign investments and the defence sector, according to ELP’s press release.
- Details Tue, 18 Aug '15, 16:21 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
- Details Sun, 9 Aug '15, 14:35 Written by Kian Ganz
Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas has unveiled its new logo and high-powered strategic advisory board today.
- Details Fri, 7 Aug '15, 18:18 Written by Harleen Kaur
Former MNK associate Abhijit Mittal and his law school friend advocate Dhruv Rohatgi, have started ADAZ Law Chambers.
- Details Fri, 7 Aug '15, 14:02 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
Former JDS Law Chambers founding partner Jivesh Chandrayan merged his firm into Kochhar & Co and joined Kochhar as a partner in its Delhi corporate practice.
The Delhi university LLB and Cardiff University LLM graduate Chandrayan commented in Kochhar’s press release: “I am excited to be part of the Kochhar team and look forward to significantly contributing to the firm’s growth as part of the Corporate & M&A Practice Group.”
Kochhar & Co managing partner Rohit Kochhar commented: “His experience and impressive professional credentials will be invaluable to our accomplished corporate and commercial practice and will benefit our global clientele.”
After three Kochhar partners left the firm to join Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas, Kochhar hired banking partner Sumit Phatela in Gurgaon, Gaurav Chatterjee in real estate and litigation in Chennai, Prateush Sharma as indirect tax partner in Mumbai and Saloni Gupta as corporate partner in Delhi.
- Details Wed, 5 Aug '15, 16:30 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
Khaitan Sud & Partners (KSP) is facing a recovery suit in the Saket district court, Delhi, filed by its former senior associate Pankaj Kumar for the arrears of his retainership fee.
- Details Wed, 5 Aug '15, 15:46 Written by Fawaz Shaheen
Brus Chambers, a Mumbai-based law firm has opened a subsidiary firm headquartered in New York.
- Details Tue, 4 Aug '15, 19:41 Written by Harleen Kaur
- Details Mon, 3 Aug '15, 10:15 Written by Kian Ganz
Themis Associates partner Chetan Nagendra, who specialises in corporate and venture capital (VC) work, will join AZB & Partners in Bangalore.
- Democracy in action: JSA to elect 2 joint-managing partners by October
- Shardul Amarchand inherits AMSS’ Lex Mundi global referral network, Cyril says bilateral relationships are better
- Liberalisation step 1? Gov’t to allow foreign lawyers to arbitrate in India by amending Act, perhaps via ordinance
- JSA funds partner Jay Gandhi & team to join Chudasama as SAM-Bombay missing puzzle piece
- Lawyers vs CAs: Who would win a professional death match? LI asks CAs, GCs & partners for Mint
- Shardul Amarchand hires half of Prism, Yogesh Chande, from ELP for complimentary securities experience
- AZB makes PE league table hat-trick in big PE year as competition stiffens
- Will the entry of foreign law firms benefit young lawyers? Rational realities, expectations and opportunities