- Details Fri, 31 Jul '15, 14:54 Written by Kian Ganz
J Sagar Associates’ (JSA) partnership will elect seven partners into its executive committee in the coming months, out of whom two will become joint managing partners in an election slated for October.
- Details Thu, 23 Jul '15, 21:06 Written by Kian Ganz
Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas has continued its association with the international referral network Lex Mundi, according to a press release by the firm and the network.
- Details Wed, 22 Jul '15, 20:48 Written by Kian Ganz
Commerce ministry joint secretary Sudhanshu Pandey told a US-Indian delegation today that the government would seek to pass an amendment to the Arbitration and Conciliation Act this session that would allow foreign lawyers to come to India to act for their clients in arbitrations in order to boost domestic arbitrations.
- Details Wed, 22 Jul '15, 18:14 Written by Kian Ganz
J Sagar Associates (JSA) funds formation partner Jay Gandhi and his team of five associates will join Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas (SAM) in Mumbai under former JSA senior partner and SAM Mumbai Akshay Chudasama.
- Details Tue, 21 Jul '15, 13:23 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
Can your accountant also assist you on drafting a joint venture agreement? Or is this work best left to a lawyer to check for compliance with various rules and legislation? And what happens when one company drops a nasty legal notice on the former joint venture partner? Is when things get contentious and litigious the line where only a lawyer can step in and take care of business?
- Details Mon, 20 Jul '15, 18:28 Written by Legally India
- Details Mon, 20 Jul '15, 16:27 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
AZB & Partners’ private equity (PE) practice again won it the top place in the half-yearly league table of data provider Venture Intelligence, making the firm the half-yearly league leader in this space for the third consecutive year.
- Details Fri, 17 Jul '15, 12:09 Written by Dhruv Balai Paul
Endless jobs? Sacks of money for all? Better working conditions for everyone? Young lawyer Dhruv Balai Paul ponders the implications of the possible entry of foreign law firms to India.
- Details Thu, 16 Jul '15, 19:42 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
The Society of Indian Law Firms (SILF) will complain to the Bar Council of Delhi in the coming week against PDS Legal, Advaita Legal and other Indian law firms that are best friends with accountancy firms, as a follow-up to its recent complaints in the council against the Big Four consultancies E&Y, KPMG, PwC and Deloitte for their alleged unauthorized practice of law.
- Details Thu, 16 Jul '15, 14:38 Written by Kian Ganz
Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas has hired former Amarchand Mangaldas Delhi principal associate Mekhla Anand as an indirect tax salaried partner in its new Delhi office.
- Details Wed, 15 Jul '15, 14:49 Written by Legally India
Jeet Sen Gupta, who left Economic Laws Practice (ELP) in April, has joined Juris Corp as its eighth partner, managing partner H Jayesh told Bar & Bench, saying: “As a firm, we are implementing growth drivers and as part of that strategy, Jeet has joined us and will help us take the firm to the next level.”
We have reached out to ELP managing partner Rohan Shah for comment.
- Details Mon, 13 Jul '15, 20:46 Written by Kian Ganz
Aijt Mishra, who had joined Wragge & Co as a close best friend focusing on Indian law, has joined Penningtons Manches as its London-based India group co-head.
- Details Mon, 13 Jul '15, 18:30 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
- Details Thu, 9 Jul '15, 16:36 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
- Details Thu, 9 Jul '15, 12:44 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
BMR & Associates Delhi indirect tax head partner Puneet Bansal left the firm on 15 June with BMR associate director Kulraj Ashpnani, to start up his independent indirect tax boutique Nitya Tax Associates, said Ashpnani.
Bansal, who started his legal career at Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan (LKS) in May 2003, as a chartered accountant in the firm’s disputes practice, went on to pursue his LLB from 2004 to 2007 at Delhi University. He left LKS in 2012 to join BMR & Associates as a partner.
Ashpnani who joined BMR from ELP in October 2013 is an associate partner at Nitya.
Nitya is based in Delhi and will service clients on indirect tax matters and related disputes.
- Details Wed, 8 Jul '15, 21:52 Written by Kian Ganz
Litigator Udayarkar Rangarajan has joined Khaitan & Co as an associate partner based in Bangalore, from where he will focus on building the practice in Chennai.
- Shashank Garg rejoins Advani after 18 months at Suri & Co
- LKS scoops Rodyk partner, ex-SIAC counsel Ganesh Chandru for Delhi arbitration boost
- Ranji Dua foils Shardul Amarchand raid, retains Shiraz Patodia & team, 1-Up despite ‘disruptions’
- AZB Mumbai entices Suzlon Energy legal head Naved Askari back to private practice
- AZB Mumbai hires RBI executive director G Padmanabhan
- Cyril Amarchand Delhi hires senior-SBI & gov't hand Pradeep Kumar Bagga
- (Cyril) Amarchand BLR partner Prashanth Venkatesh joins Baker Macs in Singapore
- JSA bulks up Chennai office with HSB partner Varun Sriram