- Details Mon, 26 Jan '15, 13:14 Written by Kian Ganz
- Details Fri, 23 Jan '15, 15:28 Written by Kian Ganz
PDS Legal, the law firm closely allied to Big Four consultancy Ernst & Young (E&Y), is set to boost its M&A practice with the arrival of Desai & Diwanji Mumbai partners Monika Deshmukh and Vihang Virkar.
- Details Wed, 21 Jan '15, 17:04 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
The firm started in 2012 by former ELP associate partners Ritesh Kanodia and Udayan Choksi with former Bharucha & Partners SA Amey Nargolkar has merged with former KPMG deputy DEO Dinesh Kanabar’s two-month old start-up.
- Details Tue, 20 Jan '15, 18:29 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
Khaitan Sud partners Mrinal Ojha and Trinath Tadakamalla joined Phoenix Delhi in lit, while in Mumbai it promoted counsel Kartikeya Singh to partnership.
- Details Tue, 20 Jan '15, 17:37 Written by Kian Ganz
- Details Tue, 20 Jan '15, 13:15 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
Economic Laws Practice advised Tano India Private Equity Fund II on its investment in MSH Sarees, which owns the Jashn brand and was advised by BMR Legal.
ELP partner Suhail Nathani, associate partner Vinayak Burman, senior associate Archana Khosla and associates Amoolya Narayan and Trishna Sharma acted for Tano. BMR partner Amit Khansaheb and Souvik Ganguly acted for MSH.
The investment was around Rs 60-80 crore ($10m-$13m), reported VC Circle.
- Details Mon, 19 Jan '15, 12:59 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
PSA Legal partner Neeraj Dubey joined Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan (LKS) as a joint partner in the Bangalore office on Thursday. He will head Bangalore’s corporate practice.
- Details Fri, 16 Jan '15, 14:56 Written by Kian Ganz
- Details Wed, 14 Jan '15, 14:59 Written by Kian Ganz
AZB & Partners Mumbai partner Essaji Vahanvati will go part-time at the firm from tomorrow (15 January).
- Details Tue, 13 Jan '15, 14:26 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
- Details Mon, 12 Jan '15, 20:29 Written by Legally India
Veritas Law Offices is advising Delhi-based non-banking financial company (NBFC) Intec Capital in its privately placement of Rs 50 crores of BSE-listed non-convertible debentures.
- Details Mon, 12 Jan '15, 16:29 Written by Kian Ganz & Prachi Shrivastava
V Law Partners has merged with DH Law Associates to form a 10 partner, 50 lawyer firm.
- Details Thu, 8 Jan '15, 15:55 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
Clasis Mumbai breakaway Orbit Law Offices has opened an Andhra Pradesh office – its third national office since starting up in October 2014.
The Andhra office is in the state’s new capital, Vijaywada, and will be run by the firm’s lawyers Surya Mohan Yerramilli, Venkata Muralidhar Kandukuri and Bharadwajam Ponnada.
Former Clasis Mumbai projects partners Ishtiaq Ali and Damodara Rao started up Orbit after breaking away from Clasis with their team. On starting up Orbit had five partners and 10 other lawyers, as reported by Legally India.
- Details Wed, 7 Jan '15, 16:14 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
- Details Mon, 5 Jan '15, 17:17 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
Khare Legal Chambers partner Abir Roy joined Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan as a joint partner in its Delhi competition practice on 2 January.
- Senior DSK partner Balbir Singh resigns (amicably) to pursue litigation & senior counsel dream
- Mediation & Cyril Shroff affidavit deadline extended to Feb in Amarchand dispute
- Shardul Shroff in talks to open offices on brother's turf as mechanics of 2 Amarchands raised in mediation [Update-1]
- Advani & Co breaks up with Pune merger partner Nehru but eyes merger with new Pune firm
- AZB boosts Delhi’s indirect tax partnership with senior IRS officer KP Singh
- Lalit Bhasin, SILF’s staunchest liberalisation opponent, suggests 5-7 year roadmap for foreign law firm entry
- Cyril Shroff affidavit deadline extended to 31 December as mediation between Amarchand Mumbai-Delhi continues
- AZB partner Nandish Vyas to join Abhijit Joshi start-up in New Year