- Details Mon, 27 Apr '15, 17:02 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
Khaitan & Co promoted 30 senior associates to principal associate and 28 associates to senior associate across all offices last month, according to information shared by the firm on request.
- Details Mon, 27 Apr '15, 16:39 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
J Sagar Associates (JSA) promoted 23 associates to senior associate level across all offices and promoted one consultant to of counsel in addition to having made four new salaried partners effective 1 April.
- Details Sat, 25 Apr '15, 18:55 Written by Legally India
- Details Sat, 25 Apr '15, 12:23 Written by Legally India
"Why should we need to go outside the country for global arbitration? We shouldn’t think that if foreign lawyers come here, they will take away our jobs,” said prime minister Narendra Modi, for the first time publicly weighing in on the liberalisation debate, adding that fears that foreign lawyers would dominate the local profession were unfounded.
- Details Fri, 24 Apr '15, 20:00 Written by Kian Ganz
Trilegal counsel Nitish Nair will join multinational hospitality giant Starwood Hotels & Resorts, which owns such hotel brands as the Westin, Sheraton and Le Méridien, as its associate director legal, South Asia.
- Details Fri, 24 Apr '15, 17:43 Written by Kian Ganz
RSG Consulting’s 2015 ranking of India’s top 40 law firms has seen no change in the six largest Indian firms since 2013, with Amarchand Mangaldas continuing to top the rankings, followed by Khaitan & Co and AZB & Partners tied in second place.
- Details Fri, 24 Apr '15, 02:07 Written by Kian Ganz
Amarchand Mangaldas Mumbai-region managing partner Cyril Shroff is due to acquire MNK Law Offices in Delhi, except for partner Probal Bhaduri who is reliably understood by Legally India to be joining a large accounting firm.
- Details Thu, 23 Apr '15, 19:57 Written by Legally India
- Details Tue, 21 Apr '15, 16:25 Written by Kian Ganz
Shardul Shroff today signed a lease for the former office of AZB & Partners in Mumbai.
- Details Tue, 21 Apr '15, 13:45 Written by Kian Ganz
- Details Mon, 20 Apr '15, 19:08 Written by Legally India
The end of mediation between brothers and co-managing partners of Amarchand Mangaldas, Cyril and Shardul Shroff, has been postponed to 1 May, after mediations today failed to resolve remaining outstanding issues.
Economic Laws Practice (ELP) banking and finance partner Jeet Sen Gupta has resigned the firm, as confirmed by managing partner Rohan Shah to Bar & Bench.
Sen Gupta began his career at ELP after graduating from Symbiosis Law College in 2001, joined Amarchand Mumbai as a senior associate in 2007 and returned to ELP after two years where he was promoted as a partner in 2012.
- Details Sun, 19 Apr '15, 20:18 Written by Kian Ganz
Gokul Rajan, currently consultant at Citibank in Mumbai, and Nikhil Naredi, Singapore-based associate at Jones Day, are both set to be joining the new firm that will be started by Amarchand Mumbai managing partner Cyril Shroff, as partners to beef up the capital markets practice.
- Details Sun, 19 Apr '15, 18:40 Written by Kian Ganz
The mediation between Amarchand Mangaldas co-managing partners Shardul Shroff and Cyril Shroff over the break-up of the firm may conclude as early as tomorrow, Monday, with both brothers keen to set up their new firms on Tuesday 21 April 2015 - Akshaya Tritiya - which is one of the Hindu calendar’s most auspicious days, according to sources close to the dispute.
- Details Fri, 17 Apr '15, 19:14 Written by Kian Ganz
J Sagar Associates’ (JSA) intellectual-property-sister firm K&S Partners has promoted four to equity partner level.
- Details Thu, 16 Apr '15, 21:08 Written by Kian Ganz
Shardul Shroff has hired a third associate partner from Khaitan & Co, with Abhishek Sinha who was promoted to salaried partner last month having resigned.
- Ex-(Shardul) Amarchand senior partner Harry Chawla to join (Cyril) Amarchand from Kochhar
- Luthra hires 2 partners
- PKA partner Bhumesh Verma joins DGS as first lateral partner hire
- Mass exodus: K Law poaches Link Legal partners Ajay Sawhney, Gautham Srinivas & team of 10 to kick off in Delhi
- IndusLaw promotes Bangalore litigator to grow to 12 partners
- The number that makes law firms tick (and Khaitan similar to JSA; AZB close to Amarchand; but all different to Trilegal) [via Mint]
- (Shardul) Amarchand IP partner Ranjan Negi to leave
- Ex Shardul-AM peel-off Gnarus Partners (Rishi Anand) to get absorbed by (Cyril) Amarchand