- Details Sat, 24 Jan '15, 13:26 Written by Legally India
Supreme Court senior counsel Harish Salve and KK Venugopal are set to be awarded Padma awards, with Venugopal to receive a Padma Vibhushans, India’s second-highest civilian honour, reported Zee and others.
- Details Fri, 23 Jan '15, 20:21 Written by Legally India
- Details Thu, 22 Jan '15, 17:57 Written by Kian Ganz
- Details Thu, 22 Jan '15, 16:13 Written by IANS
- Details Thu, 22 Jan '15, 12:17 Written by Legally India
As effigies burn, lawyers rail against Bedi, with ex-BJP and RSS members also complaining about not having been given BJP tickets in this election because of Bedi’s bias.
- Details Wed, 21 Jan '15, 20:02 Written by IANS
- Details Tue, 20 Jan '15, 20:29 Written by IANS
- Details Tue, 20 Jan '15, 16:29 Written by Kian Ganz
The Bar Council of India (BCI) has decided to not go ahead with its controversial new rules that would have banned advocates from the Supreme Court unless they had five years of lower court experience, reported Live Law.
- Details Mon, 19 Jan '15, 13:24 Written by Legally India
The India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) has provided Supreme Court lawyers nearly 300 parking spaces across the road from the court complex to allay advocates’ parking troubles, after solicitor general Ranjit Kumar put the court-requested proposal to the Urban Development Ministry.
Justice V Gopala Gowda then dismissed a public interest litigation (PIL) from 2000 that in-part prayed for additional parking and a multi-level automatic car park for Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) members. SCBA president Dushyant Dave expressed gratitude” toward the bench, reported PTI.
- Details Mon, 19 Jan '15, 11:59 Written by Legally India
The Department of Justice in the law ministry has begun drafting a bill to rename the Bombay and Madras high courts to Mumbai and Chennai high courts, respectively, reported the PTI.
The two high courts were established under the Indian High Court Act, 1861 alongside the Calcutta high court, and have so far resisted attempts to be renamed in line with their hosting cities.
- Details Fri, 16 Jan '15, 19:53 Written by IANS
- Details Fri, 16 Jan '15, 17:08 Written by Legally India
- Details Fri, 16 Jan '15, 12:41 Written by Legally India
- Details Thu, 15 Jan '15, 16:59 Written by Prachi Shrivastava
Last year the Bar Council of India (BCI) rejected a lawyer’s right to information (RTI) request and appeal on the All India Bar Examination (AIBE) by simply not answering the majority of queries.
- Details Thu, 15 Jan '15, 13:46 Written by IANS
- Details Thu, 15 Jan '15, 12:58 Written by Kian Ganz
Delhi high court Justice Sanjeev Sachdeva has banned advocate Deepak Khosla from filing matters or appearing in a number of Delhi courts by himself without another counsel.
- Delhi HC PIL seeks air conditioners in 2 district courts
- SC bench pushes NaMo to tell when he'll finally get around to cleaning Ganga
- In SC Soli wins Italian marine extra 3 months recovery at home
- SC not starstruck for Salman Khan: Sets aside Raj HC blackbuck stay
- Prashant Bhushan clashes with CBI counsel in coal scam hearing, as SC pulls up slow Gujarat
- OP Khaitan managing partner Gautam wins Rs 10 lakh bail after 3+ months choppergate detention
- SC changes mind, finally allows non-NLU grads to become judicial clerks
- Thin ice: BCI forces bar exam takers to waive RTI rights & pay BCI's costs if losing legal challenge