Firms & corporate
Courts & litigation
School & students
A court has extended OP Khaitan & Co managing parter Gautam Khaitan’s 7-day custody by another five days at the request to the enforcement directorate, reported the Indian Express.
Senior counsel PV Kapur, representing Khaitan in the choppergate scam related anti-corruption investigation, argued that Khaitan was “a soft target. More serious allegations have been levelled against other co-accused. Khaitan, being a lawyer, is the softest target whereas others have not been arrested yet.”
He was in charge of commercial, dispute resolution, intellectual property and real estate.
Calls for papers
- 5th November 2014: Journal of Corporate Affairs and Corporate Crimes
- The Journal of Corporate Affairs and Corporate Crimes is the flagship corporate law journal of NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad. It is one of the few student run...
- 8 hours 21 minutes ago
- 28 February 2015: NLSIU Bangalore Indian Journal of Law and Technology
- To, The Editor, I Am Dr.Ch.Lakshmi, lecturer in Business Law working in a Pvt. College would like to send an article on 'Plight of Women in War' for your forthcoming...
- 9 hours 8 minutes ago
- 15th February, 2015: Trade, Law and Development - Issue 7.1 (Special Issue on Go...
- Trade, Law and Development Call for Submissions Special Issue on Government Procurement Founded in 2009, the philosophy of Trade, Law and Development has been to generate...
- 1 day ago
- 10th November 2014: NLUD Student Law Journal
- NLUD STUDENT LAW JOURNAL (VOL. 3 ISSUE 2) The NLUD Student law Journal (NLUD-SLJ) is the flagship student publication of National Law University, Delhi. It is a biannual...
- 1 day 2 hours ago
- 4 November 2014: OIDA International Journal of Sustainable Development / Interna...
- The International Conference on Sustainable Development 2014 is jointly presented by the International Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Law (ICIRL) at Laurentian...
- 1 day 8 hours ago
- 5th October 2014: RGNUL Student Law Review
- ABOUT THE LAW REVIEW The RGNUL Student Law Review (hereinafter “Law Review”) is a bi-annual, student run, peer reviewed journal based at Rajiv Gandhi National...
- 2 days 23 hours ago
Latest law school events & conferences
- 3rd - 8th November : GNLU’s Academy on Advanced Issues of Public International L...
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar is organising Academy on Advance Issues of Public International Policy between November 3rd, 2014 to November 8th, 2014....
- 4 days 1 hour ago
- October 10, 2014: National Seminar on "Cyberspace or Duperspace for Online ...
- IMS Law College, Noida and IT School of IMS-Noida is organizing a one day national seminar on "Cyberspace or Duperspace for Online Consumers" on October 10, 2014 at...
- 6 days 10 hours ago
- Duping gullible people in the name of prize money won by e-mail.
- I have been receiving regular spam mails informing that my e-mail account has won Millions of Dollars or Crores of rupees from companies like Land Rover, Nokia, BMW,...
- 1 week 4 days ago
- 10th to 12th October, 2014 : NUALS Parliamentary Debate Competition 2014
- [attachment] Dear Debaters, Adjudicators and Debate Enthusiasts, The Interdisciplinary Centre for Social Justice (ICSJ) at the National University of...
- 1 week 5 days ago
- 12th-15th February 2015: 16th D.M. Harish Memorial Government Law College Intern...
- The Moot Court Association of Government Law College in association with the D.M. Harish foundation is pleased to announce the 16th D.M. Harish Memorial Government Law...
- 2 weeks 2 days ago
- 11th Nani Palkhivala Memorial Government Law College National Tax Moot Court Com...
- "The Moot Court Association of the Government Law College regrets announcing the discontinuation of the Nani Palkhivala Memorial Government Law College National Tax Moot...
- 2 weeks 2 days ago
Talk about lawyering
- CAN GPA BE USED TO SELL A LAND???
- Few years back, for Delhi NCr , it was not valid though right now it is valid if you pay the balance stamp duty. Best way is approach to the court and file a case. Also...
- 4 hours 15 minutes ago
- Issue regarding delay in possession of property
- Yes. Issue Notice as a last option and hopefully, you never delayed in payment as per builder demand else they will take one more stand in which you do not have any...
- 4 hours 19 minutes ago
- NLU-D or NUJS?
- Marketing Translation Services -We're a full-service technical translation and language services firm fully dedicated to complete client care. From the moment you...
- 4 days 3 hours ago
- But at this point
- Washington Redskins vs New York Giants Live Stream Thursday Night Football Live Stream Arizona State vs UCLA Live Stream Oklahoma State Cowboys vs Texas Tech Red Raiders...
- 4 days 18 hours ago
- In the days after
- Thursday Night Football Live Stream Giants vs Redskins Live Stream UCLA vs Arizona State Live Stream Oklahoma State vs Texas Tech Live Stream Appalachian State vs Georgia...
- 5 days 1 hour ago
- DU Law Fac entrance exam prep?
- Dear sir; Please Suggest me best books for the preparation. because my parents allow me once to attempt this exams and i won't to loose this opportunity please suggest me...
- 1 week 1 day ago
- Company is harassing and not reliving me
- Just go back to home and relax. They cant do anything. If anything further, file a police case against the company director plus HR and sit. Dont worry, they cannot...
- 4 hours 12 minutes ago
- partition of floor and separate exit entrance - sought by sister
- ***request some kind advice/help/guidance from experts here***
- 19 hours 28 minutes ago
- Unwanted calls using abusing language
- am receiving unawanted calls. He is using abusive language and calling frequently. Please help me as i cannot approach police station . I am getting wrong calls from...
- 1 day 8 hours ago
- validity of a sale deed and its rectifications
- hello sir / madam, my name is mahesh. i am from dilsukhnagar, hyderabad. i have a legal query, please give me an advice. i have bought an open plot in hayathnagar,...
- 1 day 13 hours ago
- rights of daughter in inherited property
- Sir, my wife is four sisters and no brother, his father having 3 acore agriculture land which was transferred on his name after his father death . now he has make a sale...
- 2 days 8 hours ago
- Clarification on Work Experience
- I founded an NGO and worked in it for 14 months. All the related documents with the NGO are with me. Since, this was not a 'paid or salaried' tenure, can this be counted...
- 3 days 9 hours ago
ICICI Bank issued $500m of 3.50% 2020-due notes under 144A/Reg-S in its $7.5bn Global Medium Term Note (MTN) programme, through its Dubai branch, as reported by PTI.
ICICI instructed Amarchand Mangaldas partner Niloufer Lam with senior associate Madhav Kanoria and associate Aayushi Anand on Indian laws, with Davis Polk & Wardwell as international legal adviser, and UAE firm Al Tamimi via partner Mamoon Khan with Cherry Turcal advising on Dubai and UAE laws.
Latham & Watkins Singapore partner Min Yee Ng, supported by associates Dhiraj Joseph and Zhu An Lu, acted for lead managers Citigroup Global Markets, Deutsche Bank, The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation and Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
5 days ago
Advocate who ate naphthalene recovering: SC entrusts care to Delhi LSA & case to amicus Vandana Sehgal
The Chhattisgarh advocate who was admitted to hospital after having poisoned herself with naphthalene balls before appearing in the chief’s court, would be discharged from hospital within two or three days, according to a report submitted to the Supreme Court by amicus curiae Vandana Sehgal.
The Delhi Legal Services Authority was directed by the Supreme Court to provide the ill advocate, dubbed Ms M, with the necessary assistance while in Delhi, listing the matter for hearing on 10 October [second order PDF].
M had alleged before the Chief Justice of India (CJI) on Monday that police had ignored her complaints of having been gang raped by her husband’s family and others, and was then found to have consumed the poison [Background in first order PDF].
Government Law College Coimbatore declared “indefinite closure” after 50 students allegedly locked principal and 12 staff in the college’s main building for several hours while other students attended classes, reported The Hindu.
Students were protesting the administration’s decision to transfer three students to another college.
The Supreme Court has selected former Australian high court judge Michael Kirby to chair over the arbitration between Reliance Industries and the Centre over KG Basin gas production, after five months ago Justice SS Nijjar, had already selected one and then another Australian ex-judge to preside after the first turned out to have been preferred by Reliance.
Justice JS Khehar has now confirmed Kirby, who will arbitrate alongside ex-Chief Justice of India’s (CJI) SP Bharucha and VN Khare - respectively Reliance and ministry nominees - reported the Times of India.
- Deals in brief: Semi-mysterious $2.7bn Cognizant US M&A with NDA | €730m Alstom-Triton | Everything else that’s been happening in corporate deal world
- If threatened, strike: 2-day lawyers' action against arrest of ex-AG
- SC cancels all but 4 of 218 illegal coal licences: Sensex, Twitter, industry & Katju react [READ JUDGMENT]
- RTI reveals PCI paid news complaints increased 10-fold & background-based matrimonial ads are not cool
- SC sets up five-member panel to assess J&K flood aftermath
- GNLU: The only NLU to hide full placement picture, shows off 19 ‘selected’ job offers for ~150 students
- Find clients & cases
- We are a young startup company operating in health care domain. We need legal help in drafting end ... (bangalore)
- property - a shop under dispute (Delhi)
- After parents died, want to leave family without losing property / business share but they have all ... (Sri Ganganagar)
- Non payment of Salary on International Contractual Assignment with Malaysian firm (Udaipur)
- How to get a divorce from wife, who has extramarital affair but does not consent? (Chandigarh)
Your Interests & Preferences
We cover a lot on Legally India, so we want to make sure we only show you things you're interested in.
Please take 5 seconds of your day to tell us what you like. Click on boxes to de-select.
I am a:
I'm interested in (click / deselect to hide such stories from LI frontpage):
Always show me:
Website Look & Feel
Note: Your preferences will be saved in your browser. You can always change your settings by clicking the blue Preferences button on the homepage.Reset preferences to defaults?