Your Interests & Preferences: Please help us personalise your reading
Deselect types of stories you are NOT interested in (will be HIDDEN from LI frontpage):
Always show me: (overrides the above)
Website Look & Feel
Note: Your preferences will be saved in your browser. You can always change your settings by clicking the blue Preferences button on the homepage.Reset preferences to defaults?
Firms & corporate
Courts & litigation
School & students
18 hours ago
2 days ago
3 days ago
4 days ago
4 days ago
Six new senior advocates were designated in the Jharkhand high court, including Jharkhand bar council chairman Rajiv Ranjan, on 29 April.
The other five newly designated seniors in the high court are Birendra Kumar Poddar, Raj Nandan Sahay, Anil Kumar, Sanjiv Kumar and Ajit Kumar, according to a notification on the high court’s website.
The Bombay high court also had a round on 8 May in which seven new seniors were designated.
"Yes I have recommended saying it is a fit case for appeal” for the Karnataka government special prosecutor BV Acharya, who was responsible for getting the initial trial court verdict against J Jayalalithaa, told the Times of India as well as the Hindu Businessline.
Acharya had said earlier this week after the Karnataka high court had set aside Jayalalithaa’s conviction that an appeal was likely because the prosecution had not been allowed to make oral arguments.
In addition, there were several other potential issues with the judgment, including potentially questionable arithmetic.
The PTI reported:
In a fresh order against DLF, Competition Commission has found the realty giant guilty of indulging in “unfair and abusive” business practices in sale of apartments in a Gurgaon housing project.
CCI has asked DLF Gurgaon Home Developers Private Limited and its group companies to “cease and desist” from such unfair trade practices, but did not impose any fresh monetary penalty as Rs 630 crore fine has already been slapped on DLF for similar violation during the same period in a separate case.
14 May 2015
14 May 2015
The Bar Council of Delhi (BCD) has filed a complaint against Delhi LawMinister Jitender Singh Tomar and sought a probe into his alleged’fake law degree’ case, according to a letter by BCD to the DelhiPolice.
“The Bar Council of Delhi has observed that Jitender Singh Tomar hasenrolled himself in the council as an advocate by misrepresenting thefacts. Both universities claimed that the documents are forged,” saidBCD Secretary Puneet Mittal in his written complaint to DCP Hauz Khasarea.
The complaint was filed on May 11 after the two universities whosecertificates Tomar had furnished, claimed the degrees were fake.
The complaint letter stated that Tomar had claimed to have obtained agraduate degree from Ram Manohar Lohiya Avadh University, Faizabad inUP which the aforesaid university claimed to be forged.
As per the letter, Bihar’s Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University, statedthat the provisional Ll.B certificate bearing a serial number as 3687,submitted by Tomar at the time of his enrolment, was a fabricateddocument.
“It is, therefore, requested that a detailed preliminary enquiry may beconducted with respect to the alleged forged documents for commission ofoffences punishable under the Indian Penal Code. The report in thisconnection may be submitted before the council on or before May 28,"wrote Mittal in his complaint letter to the police.
Calls for papers
- Errors of Judgment-Cost and Consequences
- Dear Sir, Please find attached article regard to Jayalalitha's disproportionate asset case. Regards Revathy Dhamodharan Advocate, M/s.Chennai Law Associates
- 6 days 13 hours ago
- Submit by May 30, National Law Univeristy, Cuttack, Colloquium Opus Law Journal ...
- On Concept of State in Changing Constitutional Framework The shadow of the state nowadays, falls upon every sphere of human activity. The state shapes and controls, or...
- 2 weeks 3 days ago
Latest law school events & conferences
- Serby s Q A with Chris Kreider
- Before the Rangers begin their conference finals series against the Canadiens on Saturday, forward Chris Kreider skated through some Q&A with Post columnist Steve...
- 4 days 3 hours ago
- Dan Boyle s Rangers-friendly deal salvages free agency Day 1
- This was a pretty good day for the Rangers, who didn t come away quite whole after the opening of the free agent market but who sure had a whole lot better July 1 than...
- 4 days 3 hours ago
- 9th and 10th May 2015: Consilience, 2015
- The Law and Technology Society (L-Tech) at NLSIU is proud to bring to you our annual conference Consilience, 2015. The theme for this year's conference is the raging hot...
- 2 weeks 1 day ago
Talk about lawyering
- New Law College, Bharti Vidyapeeth, Pune
- Wats d average package dere??
- 15 hours 41 minutes ago
- Jobs in UK law firms
- I also want to go abroad and i have 5 year experience in law field. Please advice me.
- 20 hours 24 minutes ago
- College Choice
- Symbiosis Law school Pune is best you can choose this. Placements and faculty of this law school is very nice.. You can try this.
- 20 hours 29 minutes ago
- NLIU vs NLU jodhpur
- i just cant seem to decide which is better, but of their cutoffs are almost equal, most websites rank bhopal better but Ive heard many people say that jodhpur has...
- 21 hours 43 minutes ago
- which is better
- so i got AIR ~200 and i am filling out my preferences, most websites rank bhopal better than jodhpur but i went through last years cut off scores and jodhpur was 147...
- 22 hours 1 minute ago
- Admission in GLC Mumbai and RGNUL Patiala
- My daughter has got 94 percent marks in 10+2 CBSE from Chandigarh. She has got 1208th rank in CLAT. Is there any chance of getting admission in RGNUL Patiala...? Is GLC...
- 1 day 1 hour ago
- Legal Advice for claim on property
- Hi Sir, I need a legal advise on my property in Varanasi. Two adjacent residential plots of 1850 sqft each were purchased in 1987 on my and my mother's name. Only one...
- 13 hours 27 minutes ago
- Family Settlement/Partition deed
- I have been reading up on the forum regarding family settlement or partition deed and have been trying to get my head around it. I have a case which is pretty complex to...
- 1 day 14 hours ago
- Property dispute
- Hello, We had bought a land in 1992 and got it registered in same year. In the registration deed both (Mother and Daughter) had signed it. Since male counterpart was...
- 1 day 18 hours ago
- M.H. George v Maharashtra AIR 1965 - ratio
- Supreme Court of India State Of Maharashtra vs Mayer Hans George on 24 August, 1964 Equivalent citations: 1965 AIR 722, 1965 SCR (1) 123 Author: K Subbarao Bench:...
- 2 days 23 hours ago
- Conviction on 376 (2) (g) IPC
- FOR CITATIONS ON THIS TYPE OF CASES PL VIST www.stpl-india.in
- 1 week 1 day ago
- Employer Bond by taking a dated cheque.
- PL CALL ME 7382184312
- 1 week 1 day ago